Kemper as Audio Interface

• Maybe start a thread on suggestions on what to include for Kemper 2 - JOKE!

nwmusic32 - I agree it would be great and its been requested many times. I think its as likely as a plug-in :(

I think that the Profiler develops great. One more thing that should be possible is a software feature that can work as a Rig Manager for my DAW. So one can use the Kemper like a Plug-In. Profile should be activated and stored automatically…

• I think that the Profiler develops great. One more thing that should be possible is a software feature that can work as a Rig Manager for my DAW. So one can use the Kemper like a Plug-In. Profile should be activated and stored automatically…

So rather than offering the KPA software as a plugin, a plugin to connect and control the physical KPA?

Hmm, thats a good idea!!!

• The thing with including an audio interface option is that you have to maintain driver support too. Not sure that is domething the team would really use manpower on.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

• Christoph’s stand on this was that the majority of KPA users would already own a seperate audio interface making it a bad return on development.

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• Dumb question: If you record a whole song in a DAW and all of the tracks are tied to your audio card, wont that be a problem if you switch the audio device?

To me and my small brain, having a separate audio card just simplifies the whole process. Curious if this would also be a reason to NOT make the Kemper and audio device. No one in a real studio environment would ever use it for that purpose.

• I think that the Profiler develops great. One more thing that should be possible is a software feature that can work as a Rig Manager for my DAW. So one can use the Kemper like a Plug-In. Profile should be activated and stored automatically…

But what do people think about this? To me sounds like a really good idea and doable? Its basically RM in your DAW so you can just control the KPA within the DAW. You still need the hardware, and isn't relying on the KPA as an audio interface? Seems like a good middle ground to me??

• I have been working on making a VST (it is coming along amazing) and think there should just be a Kemper VST. It is a no brainer and cant believe they have not made one yet.

My VST started out very simple: Distortion pedal. But in order to test it out I need an amp. I got tired of running it in front of he Helix VST, so I added an IR Cab. Then it sounded like a POD/Helix/etc. So then I added Chorus, Stereo delay, and reverb. Then I made the IRs stereo. Now it sounds pretty huge.

My point is, I am not a great programmer. And I basically made a modeller in less than 2 weeks.

The Helix has a lot more DSP power than the Kemper. Yet the Helix VST runs fine.

So I see no reason why there is not a Kemper VST. It would probably skip the profiling steps. Just load premade profiles and automate the parameters and you are done. Then it all runs in software on the PC and removes any lag, extra cabling, etc.

One hitch may be getting certain things to matchup like reverbs etc. Maybe the implementation in DSP is easier or more effective??? So it may need to be slightly less powerful than the hardware version. Which is a good thing anyway, since you do not want to remove your hardware market.

Dear Kemper, I may figure out a cheesy way to get your profiles working and make a VST. You should probably do it first :P

For those interested, MS Visual Studio C++ 2022 and JUCE and you are off to the races. Both free. It compiles to a standalone EXE so debugging and testing is super simple.

• RosboneMako I know you were only joking, but just in case…. The kpa tech is propriety, and protected by patents, so you are not allowed to try to implement any of that tech in a plugin.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.