Rig manager 3.3.40 issues

• now then.. Where's the performance store button gone from rig manager.

Also, with the addition of the morph graphics, the knobs icons are now off the bottom of the screen

• My RM does not have that second problem. I'm thinking... maybe you can place your mouse over the pane separation line and drag it to be more open to show more parameters?? A screenshot of the problem would help.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• I hope what I've been experiencing with 3.3.40 is user mistake:

1. I can't find the Arrow that closes the Editor section (with the Editor open, what remains on the screen is really too little in order to work comfortably)

2. Where have the red buttons for saving the new work on the computer/Profiler gone?

This is what I have experienced in the first 5' of use, hope there are no further hidden tricks!

Still chasing a worthy one :/

• Just letting you know that the problem you describe isn't on all systems. Must be something more specific to your system. Maybe Mac/Windows 11, etc. Open a support ticket and describe your system. Maybe they already know about it or might have some suggestion.

• Code
    I had the same problem, changing the text size in the screen settings helped. (screen settings - scale and layout - text size 125%. I originally had it set to 150%.
  • pippopluto

Try to launch Rig Manager while holding the SHIFT key. Then agree to restore defaults. Does that help?

Hey G String, thanks for getting back at me.

To complete my report about 3.3.40 R, here follows what happened... it's somehow interesting.

As soon as installed the new version, I had kept RM open for a number of days, sometimes with the KPA on, sometimes not.

When I finished with my project I closed the app. When returning to my PC some time later, I realised that the RM icon on the toolbar had turned into a white rectangle. After rebooting the computer the icon was totally gone.

I had to search RM from the Start menu, launched it and as soon as 3.3.40 started I was prompted to install 3.3.43.

This happened before I tried the [Shift] start.

Then I tried it. The KPA was connected and running.

The issue I originally reported and to which you responded was not solved with V .43.

OTOH, the sign "Looking for Profilers" appeared... and RM could not see/find the Profiler.

While I was filling in my personal data again, RM shut. I tried and relaunch it from the toolbar, but the icon had become irresponsive and W10 asked me to delete it. I confirmed the deletion, and searched the Start menu again for re-launching RM. W10 started to install it again instead (can't say which version).

In a few second a warning message appeared: «The installer has insufficient privileges to access this directory: C:\Program Files\Kemper Amps. [...] Log on as administrator or contact [...]

Please note I am the Administrator.

When I abort the installation, the progress bar reverts to 0 and the installation aborts.

Now I am going to restart w10 and see what changes

--------------------------------

W10. Always and only installed Release versions.

Still chasing a worthy one :/

• Link of SPDIF volume to master volume is broken as long as RM is started. Once I close RM, the link works again (on my stage).

I cannot preproduce such an issue with RM 3.3.40 and OS 8.7.10 on a Stage as well as other models. S/PDIF Output Volume follows Master Volume reliably as should regardless if Rig Manager is connected or not.

Be aware:

1. S/PDIF Output Volume as such was broken in OS in 8.7.9. That was the reason for 8.7.10.

2. S/PDIF Output Volume is not involved with Output Source "Git Studio".

• In a few second a warning message appeared: «The installer has insufficient privileges to access this directory: C:\Program Files\Kemper Amps. [...] Log on as administrator or contact [...]

Please note I am the Administrator.

I don't think that your issues are related to this Rig Manager release. If the installer (which is an MS product) cannot install the required files, Rig Manager cannot work as expected. Also, an icon doesn't just vanish (especially when the app is not even launched). You might want to look into your Windows installation.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• There is a simple answer here... the installation of a new version renders the icon/shortcut redundant.

Every time I install, I have to delete the shortcut and add a new one. Hence clicking on the icon after a new installation won't work. Its not a big issue but just something you have to do...

As mentioned this is more about windows that RM, although in other software it seems to overwrite the version, leaving any shortcut still working.

• I don't think that your issues are related to this Rig Manager release. If the installer (which is an MS product) cannot install the required files, Rig Manager cannot work as expected. Also, an icon doesn't just vanish (especially when the app is not even launched). You might want to look into your Windows installation.

I agree that was a sort of incident, I fixed it Windows-side with a trick or two.

I continue to not be able to see the arrow and buttons (within RM) I mentioned in my original comment tho.

This is what I see (1920x1080) on my screen. Video Card is a simple

AMD Radeon HD 5450 I've been using since years.

I changed nothing in my setup, video settings, resolution and the like: just installed 3.3.40 R (and later on .43 R) like I've always done.

Any help (or the installer for a previous R version of RM) would be appreciated.

Thanks!