Amplitube 5

• Many people using this? I have been using Amplitube 4 for some time (as my practice amp at home, my Kemper is nicely tucked away for live work) and its OK.

Just seen an offer for Amplitube 5 to upgrade to Max is $99 and I got a further $30 off with my points (no idea where I got these from), which I think is pretty cheap, hence I went for it!

Not sure how much they will sting me for separate amps though!

Its uploading now so I've not tried it to see if its much better but fingers crossed...

• The Kemper satisfies me enough but I have tried a dual amp setup in DAW using the Amplitube plugin. I think I prefer the clean tones over the medium or high gain ones.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• The Kemper satisfies me enough but I have tried a dual amp setup in DAW using the Amplitube plugin. I think I prefer the clean tones over the medium or high gain ones.

Im lazy so I don;t like to pack and unpack my Kemper as I use it for live. I can;t justify another just for playing at home so I have been using Amplitube 4 for a couple of years ( even thought the software is a pain to load and you have to buy amps separatley). I saw the offer and thought ohh I'll give it a go. and I have to say its pretty good.

Ironically so far I can't get the same sound as on 4 using the same amp and settings but found some good stuff. As per usual a few too many options!

• you should download day The Tonéx free version to use inside amplitude and check out some of their profiles. It’s really impressive for free particularly. Using inside amplitude being able to use petals and craft the sound a bit more it could be really interesting.