And you thought a Klon was expensive...

• It proves that wealthy people are not smart. They are only lucky.

Nah.

There are certainly wealthy people that got lucky. But an overnight success to others was actually a person working for a decade or two and slogging it out.

The wealthy people I've been around made their own luck by working hard, knowing what they were passionate about and were prepared to recognize when a true opportunity presented itself. They also had the stones to take the risk and cope with inevitable failure.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• I just find it silly to pay 75k for a DS-1, doesn't matter who owned it. Even if money is not an issue for the purchaser....

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better

• Most rich people here just inherited. And one you are already rich, its easy to get richer.

I think that's generally untrue, assuming you don't mean the very wealthy (depends on your definition of rich).

I think the difference is expectation.

My parents were quite wealthy but gave me very little financially - i.e. nothing in my bank balance. But it did give me confidence and a standard of living I wanted and knew I could achieve.

I think that is the bigger element in a lot of cases, IMO.

Anyway, it's not really about the pedal, it's a piece of memorabilia, although I suppose Nirvana were known for the clean/heavy switch which I assume this was Kurts method for that?

• I suppose anything is only worth what it will sell for, but in years to come will Kurt's pedal be worth more than Jimmy's, or was his guitar worth more than Dave's? Interesting how this all comes about.

I know a guy who won a Gibson played and signed by Gary Moore. He's a non guitarist. I need to ply him with beer I think ^^

• I wouldn't even buy EVH's Frankenstrat for $75k if I had the money. While that guitar is History, it's still a POS. It's not like EVH's "mojo" is going to rub off on you. Maybe the purchaser of the pedal thinks he will wake up as Kurt Cobain incarnate? :wacko:

For $75k, I'd go buy a Hemi Jeep TrackHawk so I can get to any gig in less than 3.5 seconds, and use the rest to get a Taylor 814 since I don't own an acoustic. :)

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• The difference between the Frankenstrat and the Jeep is..... You're likely to get your money back out of the guitar. With interest.

The Jeep? Eh....not so much.... :)

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• I wouldn't even buy EVH's Frankenstrat for $75k if I had the money. While that guitar is History, it's still a POS. It's not like EVH's "mojo" is going to rub off on you. Maybe the purchaser of the pedal thinks he will wake up as Kurt Cobain incarnate? :wacko:

For $75k, I'd go buy a Hemi Jeep TrackHawk so I can get to any gig in less than 3.5 seconds, and use the rest to get a Taylor 814 since I don't own an acoustic. :)

I would be surprised if the pedal gets played, I think it's more like a piece of art rather than try to conjure up the ghost of Cobain or Hendrix - I might be wrong though and some spoilt kid might take it on stage at his local school hoping it will bring him fame and fortune :)

It's a bit like buying a Star Wars prop - you are not going to wear it, but it represents something that means a lot...I really am guessing as I don't go in for collecting stuff.

The bigger issue is the trackhawk....hmmm I think there are better options but I like the concept of the trackhawk :)