MIDI Program Changes To Kemper Performance

• Hello-

I seem to be having a unique issue.

I'm using a Rocktron All Access to send out master program changes to MainStage, My X32, and a lighting set-up.

I would like to send a program change to the Kemper in performance mode to select a performance but would like to access the slots through my remote.

It appears the slots have MIDI program#s that can't be changed?

Ideally, I would like the performances to have a MIDI program# and the slots to ignore that info.

Any ideas?

• ok, so the All Access direct into the Kemper is fine.

I have it set up for MIDI ch. 2, and program change numbers in increments of 6 to get to performance numbers 1,2,3, etc.

When I plug the AA into a MOTU micro lite, Ch. 1 is sent to MainStage and the program change numbers are 1 to 1 mapping and that works fine.

However, while there is a MIDI indicator lite for the input, nothing is showing anything going to the out ports.

I’ve gone over the AMS 100 times and can’t find my mistake.

Running an M1 MacMini, 12.4.

• I control my Stage completely with a separate midi controller & it works perfectly. I use PC with performance to change slots. For instance for my performance #21 these are my pc presets 101 to 105. (21 x5). And performance #20 is pc presets 96-100. Performance #1 are presets 1 to 5. It's really that simple. I'm not sure if the Toaster & the Rack react differently. And I know that is not what the author of this post is asking, but wanted to clarify for others that the slots in performances do to respond to pc, they are just fixed to those #'s.

However, while there is a MIDI indicator lite for the input, nothing is showing anything going to the out ports.

What out ports are you referring too? MOTU micro lite?

• It is possible to load any of the 625 Slot in Performance Mode via a combination of MIDI bank select LSB plus program change.

As long as you stay within the same MIDI bank e.g.

- Performance 1 Slot 1 - Performance 26 Slot 3 = bank 1

- Performance 26 Slot 4 - Performance 52 Slot 1 = bank 2

bank selects are redundant and program changes are sufficient.

But "load" doesn't mean "preload". "Load" effectively changes the sound. So the usual approach is loading Slot 1 of a Performance and then use the Remote to navigate within the Performance.

I use this approach with Bandhelper: When I select a new song in Bandhelper, it loads the corresponding Performance Slot 1 and sets pedal volume to 0. So the sound is muted. To start the song, I need to sweep my expression pedal for volume from heel to toe.

If you intend to just preload another Performance, which means the sound stays as is until a Slot gets effectively loaded, you need to use MIDI control change #47. Value 30 for example preloads Performance 31. Now the Remote's Rig Buttons corresponding to enabled Slots of Performance 31 start blinking and you can load one of these Slots via Remote.