Leap of Faith

• I had written this 2 yrs ago and decided to mix it. I believe it came out very crisp and the instruments sit well in it. Sounds absolutely killer to me at volume with headphones or nice car stereo cranked. I could do better on the second solo. I think the first solo at the break is near perfect for the song, and it was written in originally.

I threw in my "kitchen sink" of effects on the guitar that I really gravitate to. So, it may not be a "modern" sound (if I even know what that is). My goal for a while had been to use one profile for clean and dirty, rhythm and solos, then set it and leave it, and then only use guitar volume knob, and neck to mid to bridge pickups for tonal changes. I feel much closer to achieving that.

My trigger finger came back so it's caused me to kind of take it easy on practice for a while. Totally sucks!:cursing:

Thanks for listening!

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Cool track! I like the use of fx like the rattle too, showing great progress on production!

Thanks Per! No critique from you is a winner! :)

I wanted a "rattle" effect because I heard that in my head so I did a google search for "rattle sound drums". I came across a Mexican Wood Rattle box first and then a Vibraslap for percussion... Bingo! I had no idea what a Vibraslap was but I've heard it used in other songs. It was a funny search trying to explain to my wife what I was looking for.

The learning never ends!

• Thanks waraba ! I used my Jackson SDX HSS aka "KillStrat" that I modded. The first solo was on the Jackson Noiseless single neck. The rhythm and second solo was on the Seymour Duncan Custom bridge. I had guitar volume at 75% on rhythm. Tone on full.

I used Amporium - Dual Rectifier AT5 with gain = 7.5, Bass = 5.0, Treble = 2.5, Pressence = 2.4. The signal chain allowed me to keep a relatively clean sound at high gain. Going from 75% to 100% on the guitar volume goes very quickly from nice to gnarly.

The stacked choruses was what made it work. I used the phaser to get a swoosh on the chord's tails, and the flanger smoothed out the low end strings. This tone is something I have been working on forever. See pic.