Weird overdriven noise (Beats issue)

• Bought a powered toaster and i have noticed this strange sound when picking 2 strings at the same time.. it’s like they are somewhat in the same registry and they have a weird overdriven sound. Especially on the higher strings. It occurs a lot on gainy profiles. It occurs on both my guitars: A les Paul and a Fender Strat Pro. Occurs on both wired and wireless. Also occurs via headset.. This is the first amp in my ownership this is happening on.. Is there anything i can do to remedy this strange sound. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

https://drive.google.com/file/…iFs3UDVO/view?usp=sharing

• I'm not exactly sure what you are asking about, but I am not hearing anything noise artifacts that I would attribute to the Kemper specifically. Here is what I hear on my mediocre headphones on my work PC :

1. Out of tune oblique bends. These are not pleasant due to technique issues and not the Kemper
    2. Intermodulation distortion(IMD) which is not completely avoidable. It is rooted in linear system theory Here is a link that explains it: What Is Intermodulation Distortion (IMD)? (lifewire.com). IMD always occurs and is worse(more audible) in cases where the amplifier goes non-linear. So, more distortion results in more IMD. Speakers have an impact on how audible the IMD is and can make it worse(more audible).

What I hear seems normal for a higher gain amp. The guitarist can influence the audible effects of IMD by controlling the speed and accuracy of oblique bends.

• I'd like to hear it without the bends. That high up on the neck, a guitar's intonation will sometimes become an issue. Two notes that sound good lower down often do not. Gain can make this difference even worse.

Do you have a different amplifier you can test to see if the same thing happens there?

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• This also seems to occur without bends..

The bends make it more audible, but IMD still occurs any time you play more than one note through a non-linear amp. IMD is rooted in physics and signal processing theory. It it always present. The effect increases as the nonlinearity of the amp increases. It cannot be avoided.

It is still not clear to me that IMD is the reason for your post. IMD is what I hear, but you may be asking about something else.

• I've heard/seen your video on FB.

Its a phenomenon called 'beats'. A loud often pulsing sound due to the interference of 2 notes at slightly different frequencies. Its happening when you fret 2 similar notes as the intonation of guitars isn't perfect. The frequency of the sound is a function of how close the 2 original notes are. As stated above - its nothing to do with the Kemper.

• I've heard/seen your video on FB.

Its a phenomenon called 'beats'. A loud often pulsing sound due to the interference of 2 notes at slightly different frequencies. Its happening when you fret 2 similar notes as the intonation of guitars isn't perfect. The frequency of the sound is a function of how close the 2 original notes are. As stated above - its nothing to do with the Kemper.

yes i feel this is the case. Thank you for your feedback