KPA input peaks

• My input light peaks when i adust the bass and treble on my bass, i talked to support, they said that i had to adust the clean sence til it was showing a yellow light when i hit hard. does that make sence?

• The led changes from green to red ... so in between right before clipping would be yellow ... so in the worst case aka by hitting hard it would not clip ...

I does not hurt to try to change the input sense and see how it behaves !

Good luck

Raf

Kemper stage with 2 mission pedals (in a Thon line 6 FBV case) and a Zilla 212 (K-100/V30) , SD powerstage 700 poweramp

• yes that makes sense.

Clean Sense is a strange, often misunderstood, hybrid control. It sets input gain and balances the level between clean and dirty rigs. I think I remember ckemper saying that the KPA uses a limiter on the input to achieve the level balancing but I can’t remember the details.

I don’t know whether it is all software or a combination of software and hardware but you sometimes need to lower the the clean sense drastically to get good results. In my case (guitar with medium output pickups nothing particularly hot at all) I need to lower clean sense to around -6db all the time to get a decent balance between clean and dirty rigs. I seem to be pretty unique in this respect though as most people get good results at 0. Which is why I wonder if there is some hardware involvement rather than just software which would be consistent across all units.

• yes that makes sense.

Clean Sense is a strange, often misunderstood, hybrid control. It sets input gain and balances the level between clean and dirty rigs. I think I remember ckemper saying that the KPA uses a limiter on the input to achieve the level balancing but I can’t remember the details.

I don’t know whether it is all software or a combination of software and hardware but you sometimes need to lower the the clean sense drastically to get good results. In my case (guitar with medium output pickups nothing particularly hot at all) I need to lower clean sense to around -6db all the time to get a decent balance between clean and dirty rigs. I seem to be pretty unique in this respect though as most people get good results at 0. Which is why I wonder if there is some hardware involvement rather than just software which would be consistent across all units.

Thanks, it made sense in the end

• Thanks.. Got ot to work...

• Of course this makes sense.

It seems you drive the Profiler’s input a little too hard.

I did drive it to hard, no question about that.. I just didn't know or understand how the clean sense worked apart from that it leveled out the volume of clean and distorted rigs.. Thanks