Is the Kemper Kabinet Popular?

• Recently bought a Kemper Kabinet and Powered Kemper Head. I think it’s a pretty great set up. But I am beginning to wonder if I’m alone in that opinion. I’m just not seeing the number of threads on this Forum dedicated to the Kab that might signal its popularity. Is that because only a fraction of you all all are using them? Or maybe it’s for other reasons?

• I think the Kabinet is very popular.

The fact that it helps overcome the dreaded "cab in a room" discussion has proved to set the Profiler further apart from its competitors.

I don’t think anybody doubts this even on forums like The Gear Page.

You don’t find many threads about it because it just works.

• I think the Kabinet is very popular.

The fact that it helps overcome the dreaded "cab in a room" discussion has proved to set the Profiler further apart from its competitors.

I don’t think anybody doubts this even on forums like The Gear Page.

You don’t find many threads about it because it just works.

^^ This.

It works, it works well and for me, there is very little else to talk about.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• The Kabinet is so popular that's it's always sold out! It's basically a plug n play cab. You plug it in and it works! Nothing more to talk about. ;)

I have one and I want another.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• I like mine a lot for jamming with other musicians or a small room that doesn't need the guitar in the PA. It turns my power head into an "amp in the room" that can do anything I need.

I do really want a second, powered one. One day...

• I have been running a powered rack and passive Kabinet at all my live gigs since it was released.

Whilst a few people haven't got on with it, I think the majority do love it - I know I do.

I also bought a second one as a result.

My only criticism is running 2.....because the Kabinet already has good dispersal, adding another passive Kabinet added nothing. The volume drops, you turn it up and sound is almost identical with no added benefit. They also don't stack ( the top one fell off during a gig..).

Unless you run a stereo power amp, 2 passives are not worth it but single Kabinet - sheer brilliance!

• Home made Cab with a Kone here, I love it very much to get an amp feel & monitor while I record in my studio.

Guests are all amazed by the tones I get from this solution : sounds so clean & nice, warm , gritty , sounds like a 4000$ amp etc

I'd love to try a 4x12 made with Kones

• Really dumb question: when I had mine it had an unbearable fizz/buzz on the highs, like a broken tweeter (I know, it has none).

Nor the EQ or the High cut could dial it away, and it was present. I was under time pressure at that time because I had to leave for a short tour and I ended up sending it back and I did the tour with a Matrix box (that sounded excellent).

Has anybody experienced anything similar? When I read here I really think that my unit was broken (otherwise is me...).

Thinking about giving it a chance again (I LOVE the look and the format/weight), but no chance to try it first...and I would hate to return it a second time (people at Kemper do not deserves it)..

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better

• Really dumb question: when I had mine it had an unbearable fizz/buzz on the highs, like a broken tweeter (I know, it has none).

Nor the EQ or the High cut could dial it away, and it was present. I was under time pressure at that time because I had to leave for a short tour and I ended up sending it back and I did the tour with a Matrix box (that sounded excellent).

Has anybody experienced anything similar? When I read here I really think that my unit was broken (otherwise is me...).

Thinking about giving it a chance again (I LOVE the look and the format/weight), but no chance to try it first...and I would hate to return it a second time (people at Kemper do not deserves it)..

I have no negative experience with fizz/buzz.

I have the original unpowered Kab, and a Kone I put into a Kabinet Klone I had made. They both sound killer alone or together and I would not hesitate to recommend one. Sounds like you received a defective unit unfortunately.

• something was wrong in your setup , did you activate the imprints ? some are really sweet

I did. The fizz was even more evident then in FRFR modus. As said, maybe was really defective..

I need to find one to try....

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better