Prs review

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I've got 3 different 594s.

594 Wood Library double cut 2017

594 Soapbar 2018

594 Hollowbody 2021

By far my fav format, and I'd love to have a singlecut, or SC semihollow.

The soapie gets a lot of play as it has a wonderful range from clean to aggressive with little fuss.

Love the phase III tuners.

• Totally agree with your conclusion that S2 is good enough for every practical application. I have one PRS S2 Custom 24 (35th Anniversary Edition) and I even like the pickups it came with. Very versatile guitar. The only issue I have with it is that switches need regular Deoxit bath otherwise they may fail (which is a bit disappointing given price point and the fact that my other,15-years old guitar never needed Deoxit and works fine till today). But overall it is awesome instrument.

• Interesting comparing lower priced versions of a similar guitar. I have a musicman Sterling AX40 and its a great guitar. I tried an Axis ( which its based upon) and it just felt "better". But difficult to describe why...

Good review dude!

• I owned a CE-24 for a couple years and as hard as I tried, I never felt comfortable with the neck on it for whatever reason. I will say that as far as build quality and overall finish, it was one of the nicer guitars I've ever played. Also had the best sounding coil split from a set of humbuckers that I've heard so far. Fantastic guitar... Just something about that neck.

• I went even lower end and did more work on it.

Start: PRS SE Custom 24 ($750.00)

Bare Knuckels Pickups ($300.00)

Bone nut ($15.00)

Gold plated foil for noise reduction ($50.00)

Expert setup at a respected custom shop ($100.00)

So $1215.00 total. It plays and sounds crazy good. I love the wide fat fretboard on PRS and it plays like butter. It is definately my favorite.

I think the S2's do get a bit closer to the "high end" feel with their finish and body shape than do the SE's..... but there is quite a bit of space in price between a $750.00 base guitar and a $1800.00 one.

I think that PRS does such a good job of making quality guitars all the way through their price range. I can't ever see myself shelling out the $4K for the beauty of a top end model (nor would I feel comfortable gigging in a bar with one), but perhaps my next axe will be an S2. That is a little more up my alley with respect to price (I do still have 1 more kid to get through college :) ).

• I have an insane addiction...

From bottom left to top right...

2009 SE ONE, 2009 305, 2008 Mira, 2001 McCarty with rosewood neck, 2012 P22 with rosewood neck, 2018 Silver Sky first 500 with hard case and plaque, 2018 594 Soapbar, 2017 Wood Library 594 Satin with rosewood neck, 2000 Singlecut, 2021 594 Hollowbody.

I'm a sick puppy...

• Holy s...=O

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better

• I would love to check out a Silver Sky one of these days. A Strat is another guitar I've always struggled to get along with. I'm thinking the PRS take on it might work for me.

Also meant to say how insane the tops are on some of those.... Absolutely stunning.

• Your 2017 WL 594 Satin RW looks eerily similar to my early 2020 WL 594 Satin RW singlecut!

• I would love to check out a Silver Sky one of these days. A Strat is another guitar I've always struggled to get along with. I'm thinking the PRS take on it might work for me.

Also meant to say how insane the tops are on some of those.... Absolutely stunning.

I was a bit concerned with the 7.25" radius. Turns out it's no problem at all. Love it!

• OMG!!!!!

I hate you ;)