Prs review

• i’ve got a collection of about 20 various Fender, Gibson, Martin, Taylor, Epi phone, Gretchen etc. i really wasn’t looking for any new guitars but I walked into a guitar center and saw a used Zach Myers PRSSE and picked it up just for giggles and really enjoyed playing it so had to get it. It’s my first PRS and I’m quite surprised how good the quality of the SE models are. Beautiful flame maple blue top as well as matching headstock flame. It seem to have some of the niceties of the US versions. Watched a video about it from Phil McKnight and he did a deep dive and said the pick ups were already wired to be coil split so I think I will drop in a push pull pot to split pick ups and maybe put a treble bleed on it and I think this will be one useful axe.

My SE Custom 22 came stock with a push pull, but I find I don't use it that much (it works nice for an acoustic sim I use though). Depending on the pickups, a treble bleed might be useful. The original SE PUPs I had were a bit fizzy on top and a little brittle. The Bare Knuckels fixed that and improved the harmonic content .... albeit for quite a bit more money than a treble blead!

Glad to hear others that have found even the PRS SE line to be a very quality level of axe!

• I've tried PRS in stores and I agree their SE guitars are of high quality. If I had to compare I would say they're like ESPs LTD Deluxe series in quality.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• I've tried PRS in stores and I agree their SE guitars are of high quality. If I had to compare I would say they're like ESPs LTD Deluxe series in quality.

I haven't played one, but they look like they have some good components in them for ~ 1K.

It's great to see OEM's making quality up and down the line.