Solved: No wah possible

• This topic about wah will really be posted a lot, but I can't get it done. I use a Boss FV-500 expression pedal. I connect a stereo cable to it which goes to pedal 1 at the rear of the profiler. In System Pedal mode is set to Pedal 1 and Volume around 60. I choose wah Frank Eltze. Whatever I do I get nothing. What do I miss here?

• In System Pedal mode is set to Pedal 1 and Volume around 60.

?? What does it Mean ??

- Connect Your Expression pedal with a TRS Cable to Pedal 1 input of the KPA (ok You already did this )

- Press SYSTEM Button and move to page 5/18: System Settings Pedal Link

- move the Exp pedal and check if You see the bar ''Wah (CC01) moving accoding to the position of the Exp Pedal

if Yes (ok) IF NOT:

- go to next Page ( 6/18 : System Settings Pedal 1) and Assign :

- ''Pedal type 1'' or ''Pedal Type2'' (depending of Your kind of Exp. Pedal'' as MODE

- and then''Wah Pedal'' as FUNCTION.

Now move the the Exp pedal and check if You see the bar under Calbrate moving accoding to the position of the Exp Pedal

if Yes (ok) IF NOT:

- keeping pressed the button above Calibrate, move your exp Pedal from Full heel position to Full toe position and back a couple of times.

Now You must see the bar under Calibrate.

Now choose the rig you want, press Module/slot A (i.e.) Button and assing a wha fx in there, choose the Wah preset You prefer (Frank Eltze)

It sould be work!

..IF NOT check Main Manual 8.5 and ''turn to page 394'':P

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I have done all of this before , including calibration and now I unbelievably do have wah, though it's quite flat in it's maximum and minimum pedal range. If I play Voodoo Chile then the fx should sound much stronger in the top and lower range, like the original Dunlop JH1D.

But in any case, many thanks for your extensive help :thumbup::)

• ^^... magically!

I'm happy it works at least!

Maybe you can tweak the wah module parameters of that specific wah preset and adjust it at You taste.

It could also depend on what kind of potenziometer is installed in your exp pedal.

Here you can see a test I did time ago between a Dunlop JH1D and an Harley benton wah both converted in exp pedals keeping their relatives pots. (One is linear one is logaritmic)

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.