clean amp

• Tim Pierce refers to this as "registering" as clean. As in - there *is* some bite on it...but no one listening can hear it. Many times - a truly squeaky-clean tone can sound dull and lifeless.

Country playing is a good example.....it may sound clean on a recording. But man, it's *so* close to break up. That's one of the things that give note so much pop.

I take this advice for my new Xmas Telecaster when it comes in. I want it specifically for Country and Southern Rock. Maybe even some Zydeco.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• There are so many ways to "get there" on the Kemper. Don't forget to experiment with the "direct mix" in the amp section. Sometimes when I'm playing clean sounds in my studio at low volumes enough to hear the strings, it sounds great & the playback not as much because playback doesn't include the acoustic clean clear string sound I'm hearing. Adding "direct mix" brings it closer to what I hear. (wish I could compress the direct mix a bit ,that would be perfect) Be careful, because since this isn't compressed it can get splatty if too much is applied and it's easy to add too much, but It can be a real advantage used frugally.

• Off hand, I would look at profiles of known clean amps (Fender, Vox, Supro, etc.), then I would use a low output pickup on it. If using a hot pickup then I would drop down the guitar volume knob to around 50% to keep a clean sound. And then you just raise the rig volume if needed.

This is certainly nice to know. I will experiment with that!

• There are so many ways to "get there" on the Kemper. Don't forget to experiment with the "direct mix" in the amp section. Sometimes when I'm playing clean sounds in my studio at low volumes enough to hear the strings, it sounds great & the playback not as much because playback doesn't include the acoustic clean clear string sound I'm hearing. Adding "direct mix" brings it closer to what I hear. (wish I could compress the direct mix a bit ,that would be perfect) Be careful, because since this isn't compressed it can get splatty if too much is applied and it's easy to add too much, but It can be a real advantage used frugally.

Also a good advise! I'll go with that and see what makes the difference.