Using only preamp/amp profiles and real poweramp + cab

• Hi all!
    Just wanted to share my style to use KPA:
    I have profiled all my preamps (with only line signals) and some amps using attenuator with direct out (attenuator off), so in these amp modellings is poweramp but no cab.

Profiles very ok!

Using them:
    I just lock out totally KPA:s cab section, put KPA:s main outs to Mesa 20/20 poweramp + normal stereo guitar cab with V30 and Texas Heat.

Very good results!
    Some preamps/amps sounds now even better than originals :)

• I'm also using the Kemper with Cabs off going thru a Mesa 20:20 and a 4x12 V30 real cab.Best configuration for the "amp feeling", IMHO.

I'd love to try your profiles, have you uploaded'em to Rig Exchange?

Proud Kemper+Axe FX II user.....yes, you can hook'em together, they WON'T explode.

• SteelEdge, I havent yet uploaded them, maybe later.

Nice to hear someone anóther is doing like that.

Have you profiled amps for your purpose?

mba -why the cab section shoulb be there if the profile has been done without it
    and you are gonna play through real poweramp and guitar cab?

BTW. I also tried that way but with cab simulation all sounded worse...

• The KPA doesn't know that you profile a preamp. It stores data in both sections amp & cab that's why you have to use it like a normal profile.
    I use to use the modelling gear into real cabs to know if they are great. This is the true test.

• I have understood that the cab section includes both poweramp and cab simulation -which I dont have when Im profiling only preamp....?

However, my modellings sounds much better that way through real poweramp and guitar cab -as I said they are not so good with the cab on -and not so realistic.

Im not after "perfect" modelling, Im just happy when I do get at least so good sound as the original...or even better.. ;)

• Hi there!!!!

Just profiled my favourite Metallica profile from the Axe II (wanted to test the high-gain posibilities of the Kemper).I´m becoming more a clean to crunch/overdrive guy, but this one rocks!!! :

http://kemper-amps.com/forum/i…5382&highlight=#post45382

Proud Kemper+Axe FX II user.....yes, you can hook'em together, they WON'T explode.