Axe 2 lover " fair and balanced" review of the KPA.

• Seriously? Apparently this guy think this review is fair and balanced... And yes, that is me, truckguy3 in the comment section... I Couldnt care less what you think, but give me a break, at least be factual and knowledgable about the product... I love how he states it cuts off low end at 125 hz, yet just basically says ahhhh screw it I'm not going to use the EQ.... Give me a break. The comment section is borderline hilarious as well.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4QvRDo8QkD0

:thumbdown:

• Theres nothing wrong with being critical. But I can't understand guys that want to show how certain gear sounds and use their camera-mic on the video. How am I supposed to know what it sounds like if half of what I'm hearing is the dry string sound and the other half is a somewhat compressed cam-mic?
    Thats why I don't take these kind of videos serious (no matter which product they show).

• Don´t slam that guy, he has done extremely useful videos where he demonstrated how to use the tonematching with ozone on a DAW. This has been my inspiration to start using this method in order to use tonematching with the KPA, which works great. So in a way he supported the KPA more than he would know :)

No matter how much i love my KPA, i would agree that if you are used to those "over produced" metal sounds like you have them on other devices, you might find the more real and "amp like" tone of the KPA a little irritating at first.

• I just found the video quite funny.
    if he knew how to profile in the first place, and use the input section well, he would learn a whole new life in the KPA.

If he prefers the axe, so be it. let him use that.. we all have our favorites, but what I dont like is an unfair review of something.

• By the way ... since I play the KPA live I don't care that much about demos and reviews ... I'm fully satisfied with my tone, my band fellows are so too and even the technician is very happy with my sound (before he never told me the guitar would sound great...). In my inears the sound is great as well and the playing feeling is 300 - 500 % better than before (with the HD500) ...
    :thumbup:

• I hope no any Kemper user will made video about Axe :rolleyes:

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

• just saw the review.

i think he has good reasons on many points, but he's simply being overly critical with his expectations on profiling.

with my experience profiling higain tones from my VH4, SLO100 clone and hotrod 50, i agree they're not as close so you couldn't tell the difference while playing them. when listening to recorded AB clips, the differences become even more negligible due to the missing feedback from the interaction with the amp/kemper. the bottom line for me is: if it sounds good, then who cares it's not 'fully' identical to the original amp.

my 0.02€

• Everybody is entitled to his own opinions, what's wrong with that ?( . I've always (and I still do) hated Orange amps and for somebody are the best think after sliced bred. Taste is subjective as every review (including the positive ones).

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Don´t slam that guy, he has done extremely useful videos where he demonstrated how to use the tonematching with ozone on a DAW. This has been my inspiration to start using this method in order to use tonematching with the KPA, which works great. So in a way he supported the KPA more than he would know :)

No matter how much i love my KPA, i would agree that if you are used to those "over produced" metal sounds like you have them on other devices, you might find the more real and "amp like" tone of the KPA a little irritating at first.

No offense, but I honestly couldnt care less what he has or hasn't done. After the guy DELETES MY COMMENTS because he didn't like what I had to say, I couldn't care less about what he has done online. The guy couldn't understand my point, and kept talking about this tone matching crap, when that wasn't what the KPA was designed for, and he couldn't understand that apparently.

• I'm with guitarnet70 and donbarzini on this. Everyone is entitled to their opinion on this stuff, it's so subjective and so easy to skew that it's not worth getting worked up about. You can demonstrate that a Pod 1.0 or GX700 is better than an Axe or Kemper if you really set your mind to it.

Both units are great, you can list flaws or merits of both. Many full grown male individuals have both units and so far haven't self immolated. In fact they're busy making music, let's join them. :thumbup:

• So many good profiles and clips everywhere in the net. And his ones are crappy. By accident? Missing abilities? Why can't he do what others can?

I see your point, and I've never really commented on any of them really, but felt this guy was so far off at misrepresenting the KPA, I felt the need to comment . He states it cuts off at 125hz, ok great, I don't, but it's not the point. Instead of stating you could add an EQ in the post amp section to combat this, he just says an what the hell, this thing sucks, I'm not gonns try and use an EQ... Really? What if I judged the axe before doing all the known remedies such as different IR's, or filters, or eqs or whatever??? While I dont feel an EQ is necessary with the KPA for the most part, it just isn't a fair review in my opinion. And not to mention, he brought up the axe fx in his review, not I, or anyone else. Whatever, the KPA results do speak for themselves, and I guess that's all that matters.

• i agree with the guy that wrote that the 2 units should never be compared. Maybe amp for Amp but tone ....thats all subjective. I have Kemper ....I am happy. I have 11r. Still happy.....I have Axe II....still happy. I die with most toys...I not happy.