Boss SY-1000 and Stage

• Hello!

Plan is to buy SY-1000 for Christmas.:) I love synths pedals with my six string bass. I have a question before purchase..what is the best way to combine it with Stage?

Audio routing before Stage or in first effects loop?

Thank You for help.

• I put my SY1 in the loop with the amp block turned off. The reverbs on the KPA are sensational.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

A brace of Suhrs, a Charvel, a toaster, an Apollo twin, a Mac, and a DXR10

• Try using the direct out of the Kemper in tho the sy1000 and the output of it back in to the return, then activate parallel path.

I did it with the smaller SY200 and it opens a lot of possibilities

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better

• Well, I combine those two by GK13 into SY1000, one of the modeled guitars out via sub out into the input of the Stage. Then I have the rest of the SY instruments going into a mixer via main outs, and the Stage also going into the mixer. It's a great combo, but lately, I'm trying to a smaller rig, without sacrificing sound, and am running the SY as part of an aggregated audio interface into Gig Performer, using the same principle as with the stage, but substituting plug-ins for my Stage. I leave my two Kempers at home for recording.

• i was seeking a solution for the rack and ideally use the effects loop but bypass the amp section, ie take the direct guitar signal (as the SY is designed to take) and return it POST cabinet. I understand this is possible on the stage but for the rack you cant have a send/return loop that avoids the amp+cab (unless you turn it off) i wanted to combine the usual amp+cab running parallel to the SY.

In summary, i take the direct-out (set to replicate the KPA input signal) to the SY and from the SY as an aux-in signal. Means you have to set independent levels for aux->headphone, aux->monitor and aux->mains.

Not found a way to use "parallel paths".

Maybe someone else has another solution for the rack?

• to be honest, i'm not sure. I've never used the parallel path thing. Where would i find that?

It would be nice to just bypass the amp+cab section to take advantage of the post-cab FX (rev/delay/etc)

theres a soft button in the Rig Menu but have a look at pages 76 and 77 of the manual for a little more info. I sometimes use if for sending a piezo pickup straight to the output while the magnetic pickups go through the full amp and FX. Works great.