Volume drop after a few minutes

• Software updated. Profiler OS 8.7.10.38833

I haven't used the profiler for a few weeks. Turned it on today and was playing through an EV powered PA. I have a rack mounted, unpowered profiler.

After a few minutes it sounded like the volume dropped so I turned up the Rig Volume. But its real weak when it should be very loud. I have no effects we on anywhere. Changing rigs does not fix it.

I rebooted profiler three times and the same thing happens. Everything works fine after a reboot for a few minutes, I don't touch a thing and the volume fades away to nothing.

I'm sending the Master Mono mix out of the Main Output. All of the output modes are silent except Git Studio, which plays correctly at normal volume. So my speaker and cables are good.

After a fourth reboot it seems to be working. So I guess just keep restarting it over and over until you don't feel like playing anymore. Does my wife work there?

• Any pedal connected?

Sounds like a defective expression pedal or cable configured as Volume Pedal. Or the pedal is loose and falling back into heel position because of vibrations on stage. The Output Source "Git Studio" isn't impacted by Volume Pedal. You could check the level of Volume Pedal at the page Pedal Links, then check which PEDAL socket is configured as Volume Pedal and what's plugged into it.

• Ich habe an meinem Board ein Volumenpedal. Das muss ich nach dem Systemstart immer einmal voll herunter treten. Dannach ist die Lautstärke gleich. Bzw. wird vom Pedal sauber gesteuert.

Ich nutze das Pedal für Lead einwürfe die lauter sein sollen.

• Handelt es sich tatsächlich um ein klassisches Volumenpedal, welches im analogen Signalweg hängt?

Oder handelt es sich um ein Expression Pedal, welches an der PEDAL-Buchse einer Remote hängt - oder an einer PEDAL-Buchse am PROFILER - und welches als Volume Pedal konfiguriert ist?

Im zweiten Fall: Die Konfiguration des Volume Pedals ist je Rig. Wenn Sie das Expression Pedal generell als Booster Pedal verwenden wollen, bietet sich an, den Pedal Range auf einen positiven Wert zu stellen. Beschreibung dazu befindet sich in Das Große Handbuch. Und wenn man das in allen Rigs so haben möchte, kann man sich das Volume Pedal sperren mit "Lock Volume Pedal". Wenn man das sowohl im Browser Mode wie auch im Performance Mode so haben möchte, muss man sich das in beiden Modi sperren.

Beim Start fährt der PROFILER mit der Grundeinstellung hoch. Das ist beim Volume Pedal die Zehenstellung. Erst nachdem ggf. die Remote hochgefahren ist - das dauert ein paar Sekunden nach dem Start des PROFILERs - und man das Expression Pedal etwas bewegt wird eine neue Stellung erkannt und entsprechend verarbeitet.

Sorry, to the English speaking community! We should have this conversation in the German section.

• I had this problem , it was losing volume for no reason and also the amount of gain on rigs (sounded like it).

Spoke with kemper on phone and they made me factory reset it completely . Seems to have done the trick but I guess time will tell?

• I'm having exactly the same problem, gain/volume fades out all of a sudden, move to other profiles and still the same, everything sounds muffled, it had never happened, then I reboot Kemper and it works, but it makes me uncomfortable thinking of live gigs. I guess it's a problem which deserves some answers and better atention by Kemper, an update to fix it would be perfect.

Thanks!

• I'm having exactly the same problem, gain/volume fades out all of a sudden, move to other profiles and still the same, everything sounds muffled, it had never happened, then I reboot Kemper and it works, but it makes me uncomfortable thinking of live gigs. I guess it's a problem which deserves some answers and better atention by Kemper, an update to fix it would be perfect.

Thanks!

The issue has our full attention, but we cannot reproduce it and therefor we don't understand the root cause. We have tried to provoke such a scenario and have improved aspects. But have not seen the "real" issue in our labs one single time.

Your description is not congruent with other reports. Other users consistently report a complete loss of input signal when returning to a Slot which had been loaded before within a Performance. Happens only in Performance Mode, never in Browser Mode. Happens without Rig Manager involvement. Slots are switched with foot buttons either of Remote or Stage. Sound is completey dead and INPUT LED is completely off. User interface can still be used. Only way to recover tone is a restart.

You report "fades out" and "muffled sound". Please open a support ticket here. We will send a questionaire and ask for data.

• The issue has our full attention, but we cannot reproduce it and therefor we don't understand the root cause. We have tried to provoke such a scenario and have improved aspects. But have not seen the "real" issue in our labs one single time.

Your description is not congruent with other reports. Other users consistently report a complete loss of input signal when returning to a Slot which had been loaded before within a Performance. Happens only in Performance Mode, never in Browser Mode. Happens without Rig Manager involvement. Slots are switched with foot buttons either of Remote or Stage. Sound is completey dead and INPUT LED is completely off. User interface can still be used. Only way to recover tone is a restart.

You report "fades out" and "muffled sound". Please open a support ticket here. We will send a questionaire and ask for data.

Thanks for answering. It also happens to me only in Performance mode, I talked about "profiles" and it misled you, sorry. Also agree with the other details: slots switched with foot buttons on Stage, but sound ain't completely dead, but muffled, I mean that there's an extreme loss of both gain and even volume. I didn't check if the input led was on or off. User interface still can be used and the only way to recover tone is restarting.

I'll open ticket as you suggested right now.

Again, thanks for your kind and fast support.

• This issue is happening again. I'm installing OS 8.7.20.44681 now.

Main and SPDIF outputs both work when powering up, then slowly fade, after about a minute, no output.

Another symptom is that it sounds like a tremolo is on even though no tremolo effect is being used.

I'm was having the issue in Browser mode in contrast to another report of only in Performance mode.

I was using the Kemper on and off for the last week with no issues after it sat for a month with no power.

I have a non-powered rack unit. Mains always by an UPS when in use.

If it keeps up I'll submit a ticket.

• OK I figured out and I'm going to tell you what the issue was for me.

I had an expression pedal plugged in earlier when everything was working. I was moving some stuff around and I unplugged it.

But I left the expression pedal cable connected to the Kemper because it's a pain to get behind my rack.

I plugged the expression pedal in and it works fine.

Unplug it, no output.

So there you go. Back to annoying my wife with my guitar playing.

• open cables work like an antenna and will send erratic values to the pedal input.

Is there a way to terminate them, short of unplucking them?

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Volume/Gain loss

I’m very lucky to own two Kemper’s ( unpowered Rack and Toaster versions ) and having read through other threads my original idea after checking leads, guitars and anything else I could think of was to do a Factory Reset.

I just had a hunch that it might be an expression pedal issue as I use M-Audio on one Kemper and Mission on the other ( due to cost tbh ).

To conclude, once I used the Mission pedals it solved the problem and when I plugged my M-Audio cheaper expression pedals in they worked too.

Why? I’ve no idea but hopefully users can try different pedals or check in the settings if anything has been altered due to cheaper pedals🙏🏻🤞

• i am having the same problem since 9.0.5. The "volume pedal" meter randomly drops from 127 to between 5 & 20 resulting in most if not all signal being cut. When I return it to 127, it will drop out again after a period of time.

However this ONLY happens to me when my MIDI controller (RJM PBC/10) is plugged in. I checked to make sure I was not sending any accidental CC or otherwise messages to it, and as I thought, it wasn't. When I unplug MIDI, everything stays put as it should.

A good bit of info though is that this past few days I was playing shows in Vienna, VA/Hampton, VA/ & NYC - 3 separate days, 3 separate locations/3 separate KPAs backlined with OS 9.0.5 - all of them behaved the exact same which resulted in me unplugging my midi from my pedalboard to kemper and playing through one out of the 3 sounds i use with this artist.

i should note this is in performance mode AND browser mode.

to confirm - Exp inputs are set to OFF, and nothing is plugged into them.