JHS have been using secretly the Kemper for a year without telling

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

It seems that for a year, JHS have been using a Kemper for all their demos, while displaying a Milkman amp.

• Brilliant! I watched that earlier today - great fun to watch and listen to.

Live From… Peace Frog’s Den features South Texas songwriters and musicians performing live original music from Peace Frog's Den's studio in San Antonio, Texas. All styles of music are welcome. Would love for you to check us out at https://bit.ly/livefrompfd.

• No Fractal presets? I'm sure their disciples will love that.

Also....Just Kemper and Helix....but they never play through the Helix.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Edited once, last by Ruefus ().

• I checked out the free pack with the Milkman profiles and thought they were pretty good. I'm a sucker for anything JCM800 so I picked up the full pack and got everything loaded into the Kemper this afternoon. First impression after a quick spin through all the included profiles.... Very nice. Surprised at how awesome the Silvertone is! The JCM is as good as I had hoped it would be. Definitely a nice variety. Looks like they profiled 70 of his amps so I'd expect plenty more where that came from.

• The free JHS "Loud is More Good" pack is a great fender clean amp. I wonder what Milkman model it is? The 20W creamer? What Fender circuit/amp is it supposed to be derivative of? Duluxe Reverb? Princeton?

Either way, HW knocked it out of the park profiling that amp!

• "a 12AX7 preamp tube, 12AX7 phase inverter, and dual 6L6 output tubes that thrust 40 watts of muscular tone through an 8-ohm, 50-watt Jupiter ceramic magnet speaker"

It sounds like a simplified Princeton circuit to me (no reverb/no vibrato and a speaker swap for one with a lot more power which won't breakup quite as easily so any distortion will come from the preamp at very high volumes or pedals. That makes sense. Still -- it has that nice Fender shimmering chime to it ...

It looks to have a great build quality too. I may buy one when they go into production again. I like it that much ...

• For me it is not clear what kind of profiles we get?! The free rigs seem to be studio profiles that just got another cab copied to them (Tone Junkies Two Rock 2x12). There is only one profile with the original 1x12 speaker. None of them seem to be actually profiled with the 2x12 cab and they seem also not real merged profiles.

My guess is that HW did make just studio profiles with the built in combo (Jupiter 1x12) speaker. But then they decided that a Two Rock IR / cab sounded better and just copied that to every studio profile. That's how the profiles sound to me. I'd rather have liked proper direct amp profiles of the Milkman... and then combined / merged with the original speaker and various mics.

• For me it is not clear what kind of profiles we get?! The free rigs seem to be studio profiles that just got another cab copied to them (Tone Junkies Two Rock 2x12). There is only one profile with the original 1x12 speaker. None of them seem to be actually profiled with the 2x12 cab and they seem also not real merged profiles.

Or perhaps, as with 99% of profilers, they didn't care with proper taggin, which is a shame.

• For me it is not clear what kind of profiles we get?!

There are no direct amp profiles in the pack. For the amps they used these cabs:

However I like the sound and feelig from the profiles. For me these are very good sounding profiles, no regrets I bought it :)

I recoreded a cover song with the Sovtek Mig 50, 63 Bassman and Fender Lues Delux profiles and they fit perfect in the mix
    (don't wanna spam here - it's the last song on my channel Merry Xmas Everybody).

• Or perhaps, as with 99% of profilers, they didn't care with proper taggin, which is a shame.

TJ made over 500 Profiles, drove all his gear to Kansas City, stayed at Josh Scott’s house and worked 10-12 hour days.

Then culled things down to a total of 81, covering 7 amps.

/sarcasm But yeah….he didn’t care.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• TJ made over 500 Profiles, drove all his gear to Kansas City, stayed at Josh Scott’s house and worked 10-12 hour days.

Then culled things down to a total of 81, covering 7 amps.

/sarcasm But yeah….he didn’t care.

So he did all of this... and at the end ended up copying and pasting an old cab from another profile with cab driver :thumbup:That makes totally sense.

• I agree, for a lack of a better word, lazy ... I also wish there were more direct as well as true studio. That said, the cab's are pretty good. He should add those to his IR offerings. Not to thread hijack but I wish there were an easier way to turn a KIPR CAB back into an IR more easily (for other uses).