How Can I Capture a Neural Plugin?

• Hi folks,

I really apologise in advance if this has been covered somewhere but I have been unable to find it. I am a noob. I have never captured an amp as I do not have any access to them. However, I would like to capture some of the tones from my Neural DSP plugins. Can anyone provide me with a step by step guide on how do do that, what I should and shouldn't do, and any pitfalls to watch out for?

Thanks for any information.

• I'm really amazed that some kemper users invest alot of money in a expensive gear and don't bother to read the manual.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• Wow guys, thanks for all of the help!!! Really appreciated it, especially regarding some of the comments that followed. In return, I will offer a little advice. Alot is not a word, it's a lot. Also voila should be voilá. Thanks for being really dismissive.

• I don't think it's so much dismissiveness but sort of in awh as why buy a expensive Profiler to profile a cheap plugin. There are 1000's of free profiles that would get you a better tone than a plugin, and those come from real amps. Nonetheless, see this thread for help...

Can I profile from a vst plugin?

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Connections for PROFILING a Computer-Based Guitar Amp Simulation • Connect your guitar to the Input of the PROFILER. • Connect the DIRECT OUTPUT or SEND 1 from the PROFILER to the appropriate input on your computer’s audio interface. • Route the output of your guitar amp simulation software to a specific hardware output of your computer’s audio interface. • Connect this output to the RETURN or RETURN 1 of the PROFILER.

✓ Be sure to disengage the noise-gate in your guitar amp simulation software before PROFILING it.

That's from the manual, and I suppose the last sentence is critical.

• Scored a GC floor model Kemper “ Stage” . I’ll be needing to power up some different cabinets along with the PA. I’ve always liked Radial engineering for clever little boxes that fix problems like this. Any solid state Radial products you can recommend? Should I just be boring and get the Seymour Duncan. SD seems to sound great on the YouTube . Help appreciated.

• Scored a GC floor model Kemper “ Stage” . I’ll be needing to power up some different cabinets along with the PA. I’ve always liked Radial engineering for clever little boxes that fix problems like this. Any solid state Radial products you can recommend? Should I just be boring and get the Seymour Duncan. SD seems to sound great on the YouTube . Help appreciated.

I don't think Radial makes an amp?

I run a Seymour Duncan SD 700 at practice/gigs and it's great.

It's perfect for the Kabinets, but I may have gotten a powered Kabinet for home had it been available at the time.

• The only reason why I asked is that I was looking to capture some of the tones from Neural Rabea which are synth-based. I was looking to see what issues I might have with capturing a synth-based guitar tone and then using it through the Kemper. I have loads of quality tones from different companies but this is a bit different. I probably should have stressed that from the start but I was looking for advice in general for copying Neural plugins but specifically Rabea's synth-based tones. Thanks for any help, and this may clear some of the nonsense up.

• Thank you to Cannonball for asking the question.

christianbad & GearJocke I'd like to respond to your bad faith comments in good faith, though I know I'll veer off that path. Hopefully you cut down on making other people feel bad about themselves. The value of forums like this is for othes who have the same specific question to be able to pinpoint an answer. As opposed to trying to interpret a page in a manual that's meant to cover a lot of ground. I for one am often unsure about whether what I'm looking at applies to my situation enough to spend time trying something that may or may not solve my specific issue. Everyone learns and absorbs info differently. Further, subsequent questions and answers help clarify, and offer alternatives. That back and forth isn't found in a manual. A manual is best at providing info about how to use a product. Forums are best used to ask about how others solved the same problem you have, or share unique solutions you found. But you knew that already.

OP asked a question because they wanted an answer. Not opinions on whether you would or wouldn't use gear the same way, or whether you deem it a question worthy of being asked. Is the Kemper not intentionally versatile for the sole purpose that people want to achieve the tone they're looking for in a number of different ways? You knew that already too.