Set Up Problems with Kemper to Ableton 11

• Hi

I am relatively new to the Kemper world. I've encountered a problem with my set up having Spdif cables from the Kemper into the Focusrite 8i6 interface , which then runs into a MacBook and into Ableton 11.

I can get a Guitar Sound through the Monitors from the Kemper, But the problem is there's isn't anything from the Ableton it doesn't show any Guitar signal at all.

When I've plugged Guitar straight into Interface Focusrite 8i6 i get a Guitar signal in Ableton 11 , I've set the Kemper up for SPdif changed the outputs to SPDiF Master Stereo , but can't get any Guitar Signal in Ableton 11.

As I say I am Relatively new to all of this so if anyone could Advise me it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

SP

• It’s a good idea to sync the focusrite clock to the Kemper and also make sure that the sample rate for your Ableton project is the same as the one set on the Kemper. I’m a Logic geezer so don’t know the specific process for ableton, it’s usually under audio or project settings. The clock should be able to be set in the focusrite software, as I recall that may also help with which inputs area carrying the SPDIF signal

A brace of Suhrs, a Charvel, a toaster, an Apollo twin, a Mac, and a DXR10

• Thanks you ,

I've Followed all the advice from you both and it's now sorted, had to make adjustments in Focusrite Control, found that the SPdif Channels are 7-8 , then set them in Ableton's Input Preferences

And lo and behold it's worked Guitar signal from Kemper in Ableton

Thank you both so much

Regards

SP