Stereo Widener

• Years ago we discussed the Stereo Widener being louder on the right side. Swapping the cables made it louder on the left side.

Some rigs it works better on than others. Using the X slot most rigs it favors the right quite a bit. I like the default setting 5.0 Intensity 5.0 Tune.

Anyone else experiencing this?

• I have not used it. But if they are using any form of delay the first sound you hear will usually sound the loudest. Your brain filters out the echo for you to locate prey/attackers ;)

But I am sure someone has already tested it in a DAW etc.

• Years ago we discussed the Stereo Widener being louder on the right side. Swapping the cables made it louder on the left side.

Some rigs it works better on than others. Using the X slot most rigs it favors the right quite a bit. I like the default setting 5.0 Intensity 5.0 Tune.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Same here.
    Have it when playing around with audio device and studio speakers as well as in my DAW, recorded via Main Outs.
    One side is always louder.
    OS is 8.7.10.38833

• I just did an experiment on a mix where the left channel was 2.0db louder on the master track meter than the right. The mix still sounded balanced but I wanted more "guitar" sound on the right. When I increased the right channel master by 2.0db, the left and right meters were dead-even but the mix was unbalanced to the right and the right "guitar" was too loud.

If you can run your rig with Stereo Widener into a DAW track then try what I just did and see what happens, but do it in a mix and not just the guitar signal by itself.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• The way I do it: In the rehearsal room I increase/decrease the Volume on the Mixer Channel until my ears are saying "Now it's OK" ;)

To experiment with panning maybe also be an option, but I did not try it.

BTW: When you have mono monitor wedges, the double tracker sounds not really good. I use a stereo monitor box. This sounds OK, even it's not real stereo because the speakers are in one box and too close together.

When You are playing live, it's up to the FOH engineer. to balance the stereo channels.

• The way I do it: In the rehearsal room I increase/decrease the Volume on the Mixer Channel until my ears are saying "Now it's OK" ;)

To experiment with panning maybe also be an option, but I did not try it.

BTW: When you have mono monitor wedges, the double tracker sounds not really good. I use a stereo monitor box. This sounds OK, even it's not real stereo because the speakers are in one box and too close together.

When You are playing live, it's up to the FOH engineer. to balance the stereo channels.

While playing for more than one band, in most rehearsal rooms we play with stereo in-ears.
    So playing stereo with the double tracker is useful because it increases the "presence" of the guitar.

And in this situations, it is anoying that the guitar is louder on one side of the channels.

Just in one rehearsal room I have to use my own box. It's a little bit old school there.

The double tracker doesn't have any effect there, but hey, it doesn't cost anything to have it activeated.

;)