Matching Kemper effects to "real world" effects pedals?

• Are there any resources/threads dedicated to matching kemper effects blocks to traditional stomp box effects? IE: trying to match the strymon deco saturation effect or matching a specific memory man preset from a particular song?
    :)

• no. In most cases Kemper doesn’t try to model individual effects pedals but rather provides a single effect engine that can cover a much wider range than most individual pedals.

Take the Kemper Drive for example. Almost all “overdrive” pedals use the same basic schematic but with slight variations of individual component values from one pedal to the next. The Kemper Drive models the basic topography but allows sufficient range to be able to model almost any overdrive on the market.

The same is true of other updated FX like the Kemper Fuzz, Delays and Reverbs. Perhaps one day we will also see a similar update for the modulation effects.

• Take the Kemper Drive for example. Almost all “overdrive” pedals use the same basic schematic but with slight variations of individual component values from one pedal to the next. The Kemper Drive models the basic topography but allows sufficient range to be able to model almost any overdrive on the market.

Wheresthedug What's your take on the quality of Kemper Drive compared to the OD pedals they are modeled after? I'm going to play with the Kemper Drive vs. my Tubescreamer and Wampler Tumnus but interested to see if I hear a big difference. Interested in other people's takes though if they've already been down that road. Much thanks!

• If you do that then try comparing the presets to your real pedals. There are several presets that mimic certain knob positions.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• no. In most cases Kemper doesn’t try to model individual effects pedals but rather provides a single effect engine that can cover a much wider range than most individual pedals.

Take the Kemper Drive for example. Almost all “overdrive” pedals use the same basic schematic but with slight variations of individual component values from one pedal to the next. The Kemper Drive models the basic topography but allows sufficient range to be able to model almost any overdrive on the market.

The same is true of other updated FX like the Kemper Fuzz, Delays and Reverbs. Perhaps one day we will also see a similar update for the modulation effects.

Yeah, I know kemper kinda does their own thing in terms of the effects, I'm just curious if anyone has put together effects presets indented to mimic other specific pedals/sounds :D

• Yeah, I know kemper kinda does their own thing in terms of the effects, I'm just curious if anyone has put together effects presets indented to mimic other specific pedals/sounds :D

They created a ton of presets for various pedals. I've always used those as a basis.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Wheresthedug What's your take on the quality of Kemper Drive compared to the OD pedals they are modeled after? I'm going to play with the Kemper Drive vs. my Tubescreamer and Wampler Tumnus but interested to see if I hear a big difference. Interested in other people's takes though if they've already been down that road. Much thanks!

not sure. I’m not a pedal guy. I have always used amp drive and continue to do so with the Kemper.

• What's your take on the quality of Kemper Drive compared to the OD pedals they are modeled after? I'm going to play with the Kemper Drive vs. my Tubescreamer and Wampler Tumnus but interested to see if I hear a big difference. Interested in other people's takes though if they've already been down that road. Much thanks!

You can read many comments about Kemper Drive in this thread:

[Public Beta] PROFILER OS 8.0.0.21450