Air Chorus Mix

• Manual: "Some effects, such as the Air Chorus, don’t offer a “Mix” control, as this would contradict the character of the effect."

I'm not agree: a mix control can regulate the amount of the character.

Is it possible to add a mix control?

Thanks.

• Maybe put the chorus on a parallel path and control it that way?? I've only used parallel path with distortion (and in mono).

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• The specific nature of Air Chorus is that the modulated signals don't mix in the same channel, but "in the air between the speakers". The effect is much more subtle than the hard beating you would get from combining mutually detuned signals in the same speaker.

For that reason, as soon as you would mix in some dry signal, the effect would suddenly become much more pronounced instead of being regulated like you expect.

I believe that is the logic behind the omission of a mix parameter.

• The specific nature of Air Chorus is that the modulated signals don't mix in the same channel, but "in the air between the speakers". The effect is much more subtle than the hard beating you would get from combining mutually detuned signals in the same speaker.

For that reason, as soon as you would mix in some dry signal, the effect would suddenly become much more pronounced instead of being regulated like you expect.

I believe that is the logic behind the omission of a mix parameter.

Exactly that!

There is a number of effects where you wouldn‘t want to control the effects intensity by a mix control, but sometihing else.

A good example is a compressor.

• Not a very good example as a lot of compressor plugins feature a mix control to allow parallel compression.

The Profiler’s compressor has a mix function, as well as an intensity parameter. I think CK’s referring to using mix as a substitute for intensity.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• I thought the Air Chorus was a specific model of the JC120 Chorus. Wasn't that effect one side and no effect the other?

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• I thought the Air Chorus was a specific model of the JC120 Chorus. Wasn't that effect one side and no effect the other?

Yes. The manual says it "modulates the pitch of the left and right sides of the signal independently from each other", but also explicitly refers to the JC amp. So it's not clear if the Kemper effect modulates both sides or only one side, but the essence is that they don't mix in the same speaker.

The effect is much more subtle than the hard beating you would get from combining mutually detuned signals in the same speaker.

To clarify, I used the term "mutually detuned" here to mean "detuned in relation to each other", by which I meant a dry signal and a pitch modulated signal. The essence of both the JC120 and the Kemper's Air Chorus is that such two signals are not sent through the same speaker, which would sound very differently, and much more pronounced.

So how would a mix parameter even work in this case? I suppose it would get a lot of complaints: "Hey Mr Kemper, the mix knob works the wrong way around in the Air Chorus! The effect suddenly gets a lot stronger instead of more subtle!" :S