IK Multimedia Tone x, anyone tried it yet.

• Obviously saw this product pop up a while ago but just now discovered that it has an iOS version.

As the iPad Pro is my main device this picked up my interest, quite often use the iPad for backing tracks and fleshing out ideas in Cubasis.

Guess I’ll give it a try, just wondering if anybody else has taken the plunge, would be interested in your thoughts.

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• Not the iPad version, but the VST one. Decent tones, but for me it just lacks the feel I do get from the Kemper, even though the Kemper profiles are a tad less accurate.

Yes that is the Kemper thing, feel and response, thank you.

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• Not the iPad version, but the VST one. Decent tones, but for me it just lacks the feel I do get from the Kemper, even though the Kemper profiles are a tad less accurate.

Less accurate to what? There are albums you wouldn't know a kemper was used. Bands use it live and you wouldn't know it was kemper until you saw it or read it.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• Less accurate to what? There are albums you wouldn't know a kemper was used. Bands use it live and you wouldn't know it was kemper until you saw it or read it.

Subtle nuance in isolation for high gain probably. You know, that thing that doesn't really matter outside the context of a mix but for a few instances for some it is. Lol

• Subtle nuance in isolation for high gain probably. You know, that thing that doesn't really matter outside the context of a mix but for a few instances for some it is. Lol

And the illusion if you want to hear something that isn't there you will hear it or the other way round.

Henry David Thoreau

• Tonex is awesome,i bought it,you can get more that decent tones with Tonex,the Sinmix captures are pretty good.

Guitar: Fender Strat HSS<3 Schecter Custom Solo II

Signal Chain: Kemper->AxeFX 3>Neural QC>Apollo Twin->M-Audio Monitors

Computer:Mac Studio

• I got it as part of their black friday package deal (crazy low price for almost all IK multimedia plugs)

I really like the Dumble in ToneX..... and today I created a Kemper profile from it!

Check it out on Rig Exchange.

Search for "ToneX OSD Thick Blues"

:)

• I tried it out, the free version with few options.
    Some Amps have digital artefacts or howewer it can be called (if you play very dinamic, you hear like a secong distorted sound when the notes fade out)

But there is a Fender Princeton Capture in there... wow, I could never in any way get that realistic feel and sparkling sound with the Kemper.

I checked it with studio monitors but also with: Interface output -> digital power amp -> guitar speaker

I guess it is really time that Kemper works on new products with more processing power!

never thought that I would like the Kemper that much...! 8|

• I tried it out, the free version with few options.
    Some Amps have digital artefacts or howewer it can be called (if you play very dinamic, you hear like a secong distorted sound when the notes fade out)

If that's the case it will be sorted out soon. There have never been better times to be a guitarist than today.

Henry David Thoreau

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I have tried it. Funnily enough I used the Kemper as a source, with all effects and profiles off, going SPDIF into my audio interface and it sounded great. I do wonder if something like ToneX, which is dependent on a good analog source for input, gives the user a coloured opinion of the sound and feel depending on what they have? I wonder if the sound and feel wouldn't be drastically affected if I just used my audio interface? Still it's a good VST for sure.

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

utility to see someone speaking?

• Long time lads:) Have you checked free alternative to ToneX ?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/566955988309278 - FB group

https://github.com/sdatkinson/neural-amp-modeler - source of python profiler

https://github.com/sdatkinson/NeuralAmpModelerPlugin - source of VST player plugin

It has now IR loader and EQ build in.

Soundwise - better quality then QUAD and Tonex.

Have Fun!!!

PS. Did i said the future of profile AMPS is AI some long time ago?

External Content www.youtube.com

• I have tried it. Funnily enough I used the Kemper as a source, with all effects and profiles off, going SPDIF into my audio interface and it sounded great. I do wonder if something like ToneX, which is dependent on a good analog source for input, gives the user a coloured opinion of the sound and feel depending on what they have? I wonder if the sound and feel wouldn't be drastically affected if I just used my audio interface? Still it's a good VST for sure.

I do the same. Hovewer, yesterday i tried to plug my guitar straight into the interface (Sonicrite), and it worked equally well.
    In theory, the latency could be higher with the kemper since i plug mine through spdif.
    I like ToneX, but the Kemper effects are better.
    Kemper is a all in one solution. With tonex you need to add your own effects, to run multiple instances if you want to add an overdrive....

• well, that depends. AI does need a lot of horse power for the calculations. In a Studio, this is not an issue. Live it is. And for live, all top modelers (including the kpa) sound by far good enough. So, I do not see the need for a new shiny AI-powered unit. My kpa sounds good, at least to me.

Best,

Andy

• AI does need a lot of horse power for the calculations. In a Studio, this is not an issue.

It does need some horse power, yes. But you wouldn't do the calculations on the stage. The same way you wouldn't make a profile on stage.

I looked a bit at it, and it does seem very interesting. No desire to switch out my kemper (which is collecting dust for no fault of its own), but I find this impressive. Even moreso as it is not a company making this (an open source, no less).

• With tonex you need to add your own effects, to run multiple instances if you want to add an overdrive....

and?you are lazy to add FX on your DAW?,when im recording i never use the Kemper FX,i never say no to plugins even if already have all this..