IK Multimedia Tone x, anyone tried it yet.

• It does need some horse power, yes. But you wouldn't do the calculations on the stage. The same way you wouldn't make a profile on stage.

I looked a bit at it, and it does seem very interesting. No desire to switch out my kemper (which is collecting dust for no fault of its own), but I find this impressive. Even moreso as it is not a company making this (an open source, no less).

I haven‘t yet, time is a bit limited right now. But of course it is impressive to develop sth like this on an open source base.

Nervertheless, also applying neural nets requires quite a bit of power, not just the training. On the other side, it is remarkable how good the kpa sounds with its limited capabilities (compared to e.g. a GPU).

• You don't have to belive me - guy's on FB group tested it. They don't need to sell anything.

already tested it myself,is a great plugin but is not better than the QC

Guitar: Fender Strat HSS<3 Schecter Custom Solo II

Signal Chain: Kemper->AxeFX 3>Neural QC>Apollo Twin->M-Audio Monitors

Computer:Mac Studio

• The pedal is here - may be useful for people that wanted a pedal board sized unit. Cheap price means you can keep the Kemper too :)

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edited once, last by paddyc ().

• Yeah it’s know official, so many people have asked Kemper to do this, doesn’t interest me personally but if you have hung around here for any time, missed opportunity, maybe?

No effects loop, big miss, the YouTube paid for mafia are salivating, this is better 😂

Another thing the A.I as claimed like the Quad, to me it would have to learn someway, never any explanation, until then marketing crap to me.

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• YouTube paid for mafia are salivating, this is better 😂

:D yep, they're gonna get a bit off mileage out of this. The QC kinda fizzled out.

A lot of people were asking for similar, it is kinda basic as a box, but good to throw in a bag. I'd see it more for quick rehearsals than anything else.

• :D yep, they're gonna get a bit off mileage out of this. The QC kinda fizzled out.

A lot of people were asking for similar, it is kinda basic as a box, but good to throw in a bag. I'd see it more for quick rehearsals than anything else.

I’m really thinking about buying the tone x Pedal and use it for playing at home, while the profiler stays at the practice room.

400€ is not that expensive… the only thing that annoys me is that I bought the software last month and now it comes bundled with the pedal…

• I’m really thinking about buying the tone x Pedal and use it for playing at home, while the profiler stays at the practice room.

400€ is not that expensive… the only thing that annoys me is that I bought the software last month and now it comes bundled with the pedal…

There is a discount for the pedal if you bought the max software. The coupon was visible for me at the ckeckout and saved me 100 €!! Login to your account and try it.

• There is a discount for the pedal if you bought the max software. The coupon was visible for me at the ckeckout and saved me 100 €!! Login to your account and try it.

Ok, thank you. I just bought the SE-Version and don't see any coupon sadly.

Anyway... First a holiday and then I'll see if I still want to buy it.

• I have ordered a ToneX Pedal. I was expecting a higher price. So for me it will be just fun to try. I will definitely keep my Kemper as an all-in-one solution and because my profile library is big and with lots of gems.

But I also use a Strymon Iridium as a pedal board solution. The ToneX Pedal will probably displace it. More flexibility in choosing any amp I want and I also will experiment with capturing my favourite settings of overdrive and fuzz pedals and run it into real amp for example.

I won't sell the Iridium neither. I really like the resonsiveness and how great it takes drive pedals! I think this is due to the analog jfet front end. The combination of jfet preamp and modelling just works for me and feels really great.

For the ToneX pedal it seems to be a good advise to use a high quality power supply instead of cheap switching power supply generating and picking up noise of all kind. In my experience old linear 9v power supply or somthing like the Harley Benton ISO-1AC Pro with grounded power cable prevents better from unwanted noise.

• Sounds pretty cool, but very limited in terms of fx, is the software VST also limited in fxes?

I played with it just a few minutes, but I think the vst is also limited. But you can combine it with Amplitube 5. there are a lot of pedals from what I saw.

i think the toneX pedal should be seen as part of a bigger ecosystem. There are already other effect pedals available.

P.S.: when someone gets the pedal into their fingers, I would have 1-2 questions if that’s ok:

What’s the startup time?

Can you put in bypass? I’m thinking of putting it into my signal chain as a backup for the profiler and want to switch in seconds if necessary.

• Postmen has ringed the bell today at noon and brought me the ToneX Pedal :)

My first impressions are very positive from the sound perspective. Very dynamic and great sounds (over the headphone)!

I also have tried the software and a big weakness is the fact that you cannot dial in the parameter of the pedal at the PC!

Unfortunately I have only a Boss Katana 100 combo here at home and plugged in into that thing it sound a little bit boxy (I assume is the speaker of the Katana). Tomorrow I will bring the Pedal to my rehersal room and give it a try direct into the PA as well as at a 2X12" trough an power amp.

• Postmen has ringed the bell today at noon and brought me the ToneX Pedal :)

My first impressions are very positive from the sound perspective. Very dynamic and great sounds (over the headphone)!

I also have tried the software and a big weakness is the fact that you cannot dial in the parameter of the pedal at the PC!

Unfortunately I have only a Boss Katana 100 combo here at home and plugged in into that thing it sound a little bit boxy (I assume is the speaker of the Katana). Tomorrow I will bring the Pedal to my rehersal room and give it a try direct into the PA as well as at a 2X12" trough an power amp.

Please report back would love to hear your opinion.

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.