How to achieve a stereo output with utilizing the Kemper Imprints

• I have owned my Kemper for years but normally would use the Kemper with traditional speaker cabinets and all of the cabinet sims or imprints off obviously.

I am now delving into using FRFR speakers and a stereo poweramp and I am liking the tone that I am getting when I utilize the Kemper Imprints in lieu of utilizing a cabinet imprint. To me I think I like the sound of the tone from the Imprints as these are supposed to be a "amp in the room" tone without any mic's involved.

My question is I fully understand that the Imprints only work if you use the monitor out which is mono so how does one achieve a stereo output and still use the Imprints?

Right now I have one FRFR cabinet connected to the Monitor Output (Left Mono) and the other FRFR cabinet connected to the Direct Output (Right Mono) to achieve the full stereo sound but what cabinet is attached to the direct output? Is there no cabinet and this is just a FRFR signal coming out of the Direct Output or are parts of the cabinet block or Imprints coming out of the direct output as well?

Robert

• You can make the Monitor output stereo, I believe it then uses the direct out as 2nd output. Both outputs into your power amp and that to something with a Kone (like the Kemper Kab) , so both speakers can be used with the imprints.

Check the output settings, I believe at the monitor out page, top right button

• You can make the Monitor output stereo, I believe it then uses the direct out as 2nd output. Both outputs into your power amp and that to something with a Kone (like the Kemper Kab) , so both speakers can be used with the imprints.

Check the output settings, I believe at the monitor out page, top right button

This is why I have the second output plugged into the direct output as it is the only other output (other than the mains that don't support the imprints) that offers the second output or right mono to achieve the stereo left and right.

I have everything sounding great but just wanted to be doubly sure.

• I think there's some confusion here possibly. Some are assuming that the term "imprint" in this discussion means the Kemper Kone speaker imprints, but I think the OP means the speaker component baked into the initial profile.

• The imprints sound awesome on Celestion F12-X200 FRFR and F12-M150 FRFR speakers along with Eminence Pro Beta 12CX with Tweeter FRFR speakers. There is nothing special about the Kemper Kones sound wise from the above-mentioned speakers. I have Kemper Kones and these are pretty much the same as the F12-X200 to my ears.

• Ah - you were talking about the Kone imprints. Thanks for clarifying.

Yes. The Kone imprints are supposedly a more amp in the room feel with no mic in the capture as opposed to a standard IR that has the mic as part of the capture. The Kone imprints I find are a little more real guitar speaker sounding when using 12" FRFR speakers. Only thing that kind of stinks is you have to choose one that you like and that is the same for all rigs until you actually change the imprint in the output section as it is not saved to the actual preset.

• Only thing that kind of stinks is you have to choose one that you like and that is the same for all rigs until you actually change the imprint in the output section as it is not saved to the actual preset.

If you go to the Cabinet Section in the Stack block you will see an imprint choice. The imprint you select in the output menu is the default imprint. However, if you save a a different imprint in the cabinet section this will override the default one.

• If you go to the Cabinet Section in the Stack block you will see an imprint choice. The imprint you select in the output menu is the default imprint. However, if you save a a different imprint in the cabinet section this will override the default one.

^ This. :)

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• If you go to the Cabinet Section in the Stack block you will see an imprint choice. The imprint you select in the output menu is the default imprint. However, if you save a a different imprint in the cabinet section this will override the default one.

Thank you. I will try that.