Using Headphone stereo output for IEM system. Problem with imaging.

• New to Kemper.

I run a stereo mix from our IEM mixer into the Aux stereo inputs on the back of the Profiler.

Then I have to use the Headphone jack to send both my bass and IEM mix into my IEM transmitter.

Works fine, and I have a knob on the Output screen, page 7, to balance my bass coming from the Kemper, with the IEM mix of everyone else coming in the Aux input.

Couldn't be happier with this. However, the bass itself takes on a "stereo" type of sound and it's not sitting well with me at all. I want my bass in mono if you will, centered in my headphones, with everyone else in stereo. It's annoying enough that I had to go back to my Fractal FM3 which handles this exact scenario just fine.

I looked around in the menus, and see no settings that might help.

I suppose if you are a guitarist, stereo guitar with stereo mix is perfect. But for me as a bass player, it's not. And I have to use the Headphone out as that's my only Stereo output available. I'm using the Powered kemper, so the speaker out that goes to my bass cabinet has to share the Stereo Monitor Output signal. So I really need 3 outputs. One to FOH mono XLR, one to my speaker cabinet for on stage sound, and a stereo mix of my bass and monitor feed.

Am I nuts, or is this just how it is on the Kemper?

• That was it!!! It was defaulted to on for headphones, maybe for all outputs too.

Great idea, I get the benefit, but ICK for bass playing. I'm used to that direct, mono punch in my phones and IEM phones.

I was THIS close to selling the new Kemper and keep using the Fractal because it just sounded too stereo and weird to me on that headphone jack, which I have to use if I want to use my IEM setup that I want.

So thank you for that. I'm trying to read the manual, but not sure I'd even have thought of that as being my issue.

So thank you for that. I'm trying to read the manual, but not sure I'd even have thought of that as being my issue.

Honestly, whenever someone says "stereo" with "headphones" on "kemper" then the first thing that probably comes to mind for most daily users is the Space option. I do get what you mean. I am having trouble singing with headphones hooked to an interface and hear my voice in a bit of stereo when I need to hear in mono. It's PIA to have a sound wider than you want.

BTW, the Space option only works on the headphone out.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• To add more "space" to the main outs (similar to the space option on headphones) you would increase the Stereo mix on some effects parameters to 200%, or add the Double Tracker effect, Delay Widener, etc. The manual is your friend. So are the video tutorials on the Support Page.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• The manual is my friend, it’s also 400 plus pages long including the supplement update. I started a week ago and have 300 pages to go. I hate reading on my iPad. It’s tedious. I’m going to ask a local print shop to print me a hard copy version. I watched many of the videos too, and didn’t see anything about that yet. At some point people who are new to this system have to just ask a question here, As they, meaning I, don’t have weeks more time to solve every issue by myself. So a direct question with helpful answers is a huge time saver.

so thanks for the replies, it saved me from not liking the unit. 👍🏻

• Only on phones? Hmm. Why have both a level knob and a button to turn it off for phones them? I took it as it works for both master and headphone outs. Back to the manual.

I believe you are correct. There is an option to have it available for other outputs as you say. BT Time to read the manual again :)

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• To add more "space" to the main outs (similar to the space option on headphones) you would increase the Stereo mix on some effects parameters to 200%, or add the Double Tracker effect, Delay Widener, etc. The manual is your friend. So are the video tutorials on the Support Page.

You can enable space for other outputs. If that wasn't possible I would for sure recommend a small room reverb to simulate it. Not the wideners.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW