Powerhead takes more than 1 minute to power up?

• I recently bought an used Powerhead. It shocks me that it takes so long to just power up or down. It literally takes more than 1 minute to power up. I am wondering if it is normal or I just had bad luck and got a faulty one? Thanks

• It is not normal but it's most probably software related, not a faulty hardware. I got this problem once in the past and I contacted the support, I don't remember the exact procedure but it was a simple problem to resolve.

A Kemper with a factory setting should take about 50 seconds to start up and 10 seconds to shut down.

• the Profiler Head and Rack take about 1 minute and 15 seconds to boot. The Stage is a lot faster and takes about 15 seconds. The number of rigs in memory does only make a difference when the unit was powered off accidentally. If you use the power button or the chicken head to power the Profiler off the number of rigs does not make a difference in regards to the boot-up time.

• the Profiler Head and Rack take about 1 minute and 15 seconds to boot. The Stage is a lot faster and takes about 15 seconds. The number of rigs in memory does only make a difference when the unit was powered off accidentally. If you use the power button or the chicken head to power the Profiler off the number of rigs does not make a difference in regards to the boot-up time.

Thanks for the reply. So I take it as it is normal to take more than 1 minute to boot up the Profiler Head? I wonder why it's so slow. I mean, come on, more than 1 miute?

• Thanks for the reply. So I take it as it is normal to take more than 1 minute to boot up the Profiler Head? I wonder why it's so slow. I mean, come on, more than 1 miute?

Really? And how many minutes does it take your phone, computer, tablet to start up? It takes longer than 1 minute to warm up the tubes in an amp.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Thanks for the reply. So I take it as it is normal to take more than 1 minute to boot up the Profiler Head? I wonder why it's so slow. I mean, come on, more than 1 miute?

Think about how long a cold tube amp takes to get to full operating temp. Some need to percolate half the night to hit full-tilt. Its worth it...but dang.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• I have to admit when I first turned on my KPA, and it took a minute, I was a bit surprised, but quickly got used to it. It's not like I need to turn it on and off constantly and waiting is a workflow killer. I did a factory reset just in case, as I bought it used, and put only the factory profiles on. Still the same start up time.

If it's any consolation, my Fractal FM3 takes 30 seconds, and my Kemper takes 58 seconds. So twice as long, but both are longer than my regular boring old bass amps, which are about 5 seconds to noise making.

Must have a lot of data to load and organize upon startup.

• My whole sound went down at a show (during a song)then we realized someone somehow knocked out the power to my rack. It seemed like an hour for the kemper to boot up. (It booted normally and b4 the song was over, it just felt like it)

• My whole sound went down at a show (during a song)then we realized someone somehow knocked out the power to my rack. It seemed like an hour for the kemper to boot up. (It booted normally and b4 the song was over, it just felt like it)

I’m guessing the beating of the persons that unplugged it took much longer.;)

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Really? And how many minutes does it take your phone, computer, tablet to start up? It takes longer than 1 minute to warm up the tubes in an amp.

Hmm, let's see, my computer takes about 5 sec to start up, maybe 15 for the phone and ipad. There are over 100 hardware units(mic pres, eq's, comp's, etc.) in my recording studio and most of them are tube units and none of them takes more than 2 seconds to start up. Yes tubes take time to warm up to their best working status, but we are talking about the BOOT UP Time of a guitar amp/cab simulator here, not how long does it take to get into its optimal working status, are we? And last time I checked, there aren't any tubes in the Profile Head?

• Think about how long a cold tube amp takes to get to full operating temp. Some need to percolate half the night to hit full-tilt. Its worth it...but dang.

I was surprised by how long it takes to just BOOT UP, not how long it takes to get into it's optimal running state. So how long does your cold tube amp take to just simplely boot up? not just a flip of the toggle swift?

Oh well, each their own.