Powerhead takes more than 1 minute to power up?

• I'm actually the bass player and don't ever smile.

Of course not. Bass players can't smile. It's probable due to the earthquake behind them rattling their intestine. Anyway, why am I wasting my time talking to a bass player ?(

The guitar player was using a F%*@£*L =O I knew there was something just not quite right about his tone. Good but a bit too "digital" :S

I all seriousness, you guys were all great and the guitar tone was awesome.

• The boot time is only an issue for me when I have to reboot in the middle of a song during a performance. This has happened three times in about 2 years.

For not too much money you can buy a battery backup for computers so if somebody unplugs you/ venue blows a fuse etc. You won't have to reboot when they plug you back in. They also provide surge/spike protection.

• that's funny, my band just put up a cover of that song a few days ago. I'm using my new kemper in a few days with the band, can't wait to give it a shot. Sorry to interupt...Rockhouse doing I Want It All

It's one of my favorite Queen songs...

I'm going to just turn it on as soon as I get plugged in and the minute that it takes will be meaningless. But the look when all the LED lights and buttons come on will be awesome LOL.

Cheers !

The adjective for metal is metallic. But not so for iron ... which is ironic.

• For not too much money you can buy a battery backup for computers so if somebody unplugs you/ venue blows a fuse etc. You won't have to reboot when they plug you back in. They also provide surge/spike protection.

This x1000. Gig power, especially outdoor gigs with generators, is notoriously erratic. Years ago I bought a $40 Amazon battery backup, and have never had a single issue on any gigs using the Kemper for almost 7 years. Everything else onstage died multiple times, but not the Kemper.

Btw, I compared the boot time of the Kemper Stage to a Fractal FM3, both with latest firmware. The Kemper booted faster than the FM3 by a few seconds. :) The Kemper Stage boots a lot faster than a Kemper head or rack, and a foot controller adds a bit more time to boot.

• For not too much money you can buy a battery backup for computers so if somebody unplugs you/ venue blows a fuse etc. You won't have to reboot when they plug you back in. They also provide surge/spike protection.

Sure, but power is not the reason for the reboot. My experience has been related to the Kemper output going silent. The only solution has been a manual reboot.

• I'm going to suggest the band buy a good quality APS backup/protector for our giant monitor rack, and I'll maybe get a smaller one just for my rig. That's an excellent idea actually. I have them on all my work computers. They do not cost much, even pretty hefty ones, maybe a few hundred bucks, and man I'd feel better plugging in.

And those bass photos/memes are classic.

• Yes, you can smile while playing rock n roll as long as you do some tongue technique like Gene. :P

Back on topic: I think the consensus is that the start up time is not an issue unless a record producer gives you 30 seconds to impress him. Then you are shiite outta luck!

This thread has totally gone to tongue and cheek. And my Profiler started way before I finished this comment. :)

That's the reason why I'm always in studio before the producer of the day;). Joke aparts: never a good idea to let them wait for you

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better

• I'm going to suggest the band buy a good quality APS backup/protector for our giant monitor rack, and I'll maybe get a smaller one just for my rig. That's an excellent idea actually. I have them on all my work computers. They do not cost much, even pretty hefty ones, maybe a few hundred bucks, and man I'd feel better plugging in.

And those bass photos/memes are classic.

Before you do, just be aware I have only had to boot up once during a gig in 8 years...and that was because my power cable came out mid solo., so not the Kemper's fault. So it is VERY reliable and I often gig with the beta versions! The full releases are pretty rock solid.

As I thought you were the guitarist I was going to say you need to check out the bass players rock faces...he knows where its at, but turns out it you!!

Now if you can only get a "real" guitar....:)

Seriously, that is a fab recording, especially as it was you first gig. Top notch dude!

• I'm sure our beloved Don P will close this thread after he is finished laughing. Times are tuff right now for everyone. We need some release and a good laugh even if it takes over one minute to get.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• My Powerhead takes a little over 2 minutes to tuen on, an additional 30 seconds for the foot controller to power up..I have the latest update... Never really thought this was an issue...My Boogie takes about the same to turn on and wamr up.. No big deal.

• My Powerhead takes a little over 2 minutes to tuen on, an additional 30 seconds for the foot controller to power up..I have the latest update... Never really thought this was an issue...My Boogie takes about the same to turn on and wamr up.. No big deal.

Wonder why some units take longer than others. The factory claims it's not because of the amount of profiles. I'm pretty sure mine's less than a minute.

• Wonder why some units take longer than others. The factory claims it's not because of the amount of profiles. I'm pretty sure mine's less than a minute.

Should be close to 58 seconds. Faster than Nicholas Cage can steal a car.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.