What is the brightest clean profile you know?

• I'm looking for the brightness clean profile for a particular song of mine. Preferably free or on Rig Exchange. It's got to be very chimey because I will be using it on C# tuning which will darken it up quite a bit. So far, the best I found is Brass Diver GEQ metal by our Don Petersen... but it's a bass profile. :huh:

If I can't find better then I'm using that one.

I went through most of the cleans in the Rig Packs and didn't find anything I liked better.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• I'm looking for the brightness clean profile for a particular song of mine. Preferably free or on Rig Exchange. It's got to be very chimey because I will be using it on C# tuning which will darken it up quite a bit. So far, the best I found is Brass Diver GEQ metal by our Don Petersen... but it's a bass profile. :huh:

If I can't find better then I'm using that one.

I went through most of the cleans in the Rig Packs and didn't find anything I liked better.

Ha, I'm glad you like this one - I've been using that pedal for guitar tones as well.
    Maybe you just like very precise clean tones (right now)

here's a trick for acoustic-like cleans:
    take a high gain, scooped PROFILE and turn the GAIN down to zero.
    make a few intuitive adjustments on the EQ if needed and bingo - great clean tones :)

hth

• What kind of pickups?

I'm using a bridge Seymour Duncan JB HB full on. Maybe I need a Treble Booster for the Fender and Vox profiles to brighten the darkness when playing those with drop tunings??

I found Don's profile by accident because I was playing bass with it and then changed to guitar the next day without switching to another profile, and was impressed with the sound I got. :)

• So far, the only other clean I can compare to what I am getting with the bass profile is the intro to Hotel California on this particular mix... (other versions are not as bright as this one). I have to see what amp they used for the original recording but can only find settings for their lead tone.

What amp was used for clean?

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I instantly think Twin Reverb when I think bright.

Probably so, and I would have to add a treble boost since the down tuning will make it darker. I found that the Eagles used a 12-string Takamine in the studio for intro on the Hotel California, but no mention of if it was mic'd or plugged into an amp. I am not familiar with acoustic amps of that time period but they must have used one since the intro sounds "electrified" and not warm like a mic'd acoustic. :/

I would like to a least compare a guitar amp profile to the bass amp profile. I want to see what is better, but I do like the sound I am getting with Don's bass profile.

• the down tuning will make it darker

not in my experience.
    when using good strings on an adequate scale length guitar, you can get piano-like low notes that have plenty of harmonics.

A SH-4 will always sound a bit nasal on clean sounds - true single coils are best for those almost acoustic sounding cleans.
    I changed the magnet on my SH-4 a while back to an AlNiCo 2 and liked the lower midrange bump better, then changed the magnet again for an AlNiCo 8 and that is what I play for near to 90% live now.

• I gave it enough try today to find something better but it appears Don's Brass Diver GEQ sounds the best to me me for a chimey clean. I tried different pickups; singles, HB's, and split HB's, and it still sounds better on the bridge JB Humbucker full out. The Vox's and the different flavors of Fenders just lose clarity for me.

I'll have to finish this mix and post so you all can decide for yourselves.

• You can listen to the clean I did on this tune. (Mind you, I'm no pro). The clean is double-tracked using Don Petersen Brass Diver GEQ bass profile with Chorus on left (with a SD JB bridge HB) and the right is Ace Super Lead profile with Flanger and Phaser (with a SD Dist bridge HB)

Pearly Gates