RIP Jeff Beck

• He was a true Original.

You almost never hear someone cover his songs.

Not because they aren’t good. Because no one sounds (or plays) like Jeff Beck.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• RIP, a true master, so sad.

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• Hopefully jamming with Cliff Gallup at the great rave-up in the sky....

He was the guy we all chased - and I don't think anyone ever caught up with him.

Incendiary and saccharine all within the space of two bars...

Immense humour, and hands on the instrument which may never be equalled.

Geoffrey Arnold Beck - thank you, thank you, thank you

Respect

• Yeah this is sad :(. RIP. Thanks for all the music.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• A sad day indeed. I have had the pleasure of seeing him live and it was indeed mindblowing. I was in awe the entire concert. He was truly one of a kind, his sound, his technique, his humour... RIP.

• I admit to not knowing that much about his music but his influence as part of the "big 3" ( Clapton, beck and page) is truly extraordinary.

Even though I'm not close to his music, I still feel shocked and upset at the loss of this legend.

I'm now going to make a point to listen to some of his stuff to at least retrospectively appreciate his playing.

Some suggestions would be appreciated, particularly your favorite moments or performances!

• Guitar Shop.

Where Were You deserves the accolades it gets - but that album is all killer. No filler.

We should all remember:

Most of his playing was as close to ‘guitar-cord-amp and go’ as anyone ever gets.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• "Led Boots" :thumbup:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The adjective for metal is metallic. But not so for iron ... which is ironic.