RIP Jeff Beck

• You will never see anyone who dares to cover "where were you". Never.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Guitar Shop.

Where Were You deserves the accolades it gets - but that album is all killer. No filler.

We should all remember:

Most of his playing was as close to ‘guitar-cord-amp and go’ as anyone ever gets.

THIS!

Also, Emotion & Commotion has some fantastic stuff too and the live albums from Hollywood Bowl and Ronnie Scott's are great.

• Shocked!

Cut up about this.

Jeff had a unique gift, touch and tonality.

One of the worlds few guitarists, instantly recognisable. A living personification of the truth that the sound of an instrument, really emanates from the player.

I remember a colleague, with him in the live room prior to recording a solo on someone else’s recording, afterward reflecting on the staggering humility of this immense talent.

Before the take, Jeff played an incredible solo to my friend. Then asked sheepishly “was that all right? Do you think this would be better?” Then played another, completely different, jaw dropping solo.

“Or, do you think this would fit better” he strived onward, and produced yet another scintillating performance. Then asked again, humbly inquiring, genuinely wanting feedback on his contribution. “What do you think would be best?”

Born in a country that has produced its fair share of the world’s most notable guitar talents. The late George Martin clearly regarded Jeff’s, instinctive sensibilities, as marking him as the most talented recording session lead guitarist, the U.K. ever produced.

• Born in a country that has produced its fair share of the world’s most notable guitar talents. The late George Martin clearly regarded Jeff’s, instinctive sensibilities, as marking him as the most talented recording session lead guitarist, the U.K. ever produced.

george wasn’t alone. Hendrix and Clapton both called him the greatest guitarist ever. Martin Taylor also said the same yesterday.

Some of the worlds top drummers like Simon Philips and Vinnie Colaiuta said he was the greatest guitarist they ever played with too. Those guys have played with a lot of truly great players.

Many people talk about the big 3 British guitarists being Clapton, Page and Beck. Three great players but Eric and Jimmy weren’t ever in the same league as Jeff despite their much greater commercial success. Jeff was a one of a kind.

• george wasn’t alone. Hendrix and Clapton both called him the greatest guitarist ever. Martin Taylor also said the same yesterday.

Some of the worlds top drummers like Simon Philips and Vinnie Colaiuta said he was the greatest guitarist they ever played with too. Those guys have played with a lot of truly great players.

Many people talk about the big 3 British guitarists being Clapton, Page and Beck. Three great players but Eric and Jimmy weren’t ever in the same league as Jeff despite their much greater commercial success. Jeff was a one of a kind.

Agreed

• THIS!

Also, Emotion & Commotion has some fantastic stuff too and the live albums from Hollywood Bowl and Ronnie Scott's are great.

The Ronnie Scott show is unreal. Not just the playing….but that band is *insanely* tight.

Stuff-of-legend tight.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Don’t forget the Crossroads 2007 slot with Tal, Vinnie and Jason, moving stuff with the king in full flight.

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• I've been spinning my JB collection, Lps and Cds. JB had a great blues/rock band in the late 60s with Rod Stewart on vocals and Ron Wood on bass. I can't understand why that band wasn't more successful. Jimmy Page must have heard Truth and Beck-Ola. Led Zep was the same thing with the turbo on. JB kept evolving as a guitar player, Clapton stopped after 1970, Page after 1980. I spun Who Else, electro dance 90s stuff, Clapton never would have done that. Oh well, he's jamming with Jimi and Eddie now.

• I've been spinning my JB collection, Lps and Cds. JB had a great blues/rock band in the late 60s with Rod Stewart on vocals and Ron Wood on bass. I can't understand why that band wasn't more successful. Jimmy Page must have heard Truth and Beck-Ola. Led Zep was the same thing with the turbo on. JB kept evolving as a guitar player, Clapton stopped after 1970, Page after 1980. I spun Who Else, electro dance 90s stuff, Clapton never would have done that. Oh well, he's jamming with Jimi and Eddie now.

I’ve been trawling the JB back catalogue too. Today’s listening was also Who Else 😎

• https://www.arte.tv/fr/videos/…/jeff-beck-live-in-tokyo/

great concert !

Loaded

Little Wing - Jimi Hendrix

You Know, You Know - The Mahavishnu Orchestra

Hammerhead

Angel (Footsteps)

Stratus - Billy Cobham

Yemin - Nicolas Meier

Where Were You

The Pump

Goodbye Pork Pie Hat - Charles Mingus

You Never Know

Danny Boy - Frederick Edward Weatherly

Blue Wind

Led Boots

Corpus Christi Carol - Benjamin Britten

Big Block

A Day in the Life - The Beatles

Rollin' And Tumblin - Hambone Willie Newbern

Cause We've Ended As Lovers - Syreeta

Why Give It Away

• Thanx for the tip Waraba :):thumbup:

But for us that does'nt have arte.tv 8o ........

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Cheers !

The adjective for metal is metallic. But not so for iron ... which is ironic.