SOLVED-Help Connecting Stage to Audio Interface/Monitors/Computer

• Hello,

Hoping I can get some help here - I have been through the manual and used the search function but don't think I have found a solution.

I have primarily been using my Kemper with headphones, with my computer connected to the Return jacks so that I can play along with songs or backing tracks - no problems.

If I want to play through a guitar cabinet, connect Monitor out jack to my Fryette Powerstation - again no issues.

Two years ago I believe I had my setup working and was able to record on my PC but had to move my set up and never bothered to hook it back up.

The issue I am having now not hearing my guitar when the audio interface is on and the quality of sound from my computer is poor through the interface (very loud (maybe clipping) with echo). If I turn off the interface and go directly from my computer to my Kemper, no problems with sound from the PC and can hear the guitar (both through headphones and monitors(when connected directly to the Kemper Stage).

Equipment:

Kemper Stage

Focusrite 8i6 (3rd gen) w/ Focusrite Control 3.11.0.1983

Windows 10 PC

Yamaha HS5 monitors

AudioTechnica ATH-M40X headphones

Reaper DAW

Connections:

-Computer audio out to Kemper Return Jacks

-Audio interface and computer connected via USB

-Audio interface and Kemper connected via SPDIF cables

-Headphones - plugged direct into Kemper (sounded better than into the interface from what I remember from the past)

-Monitors - would like to have these plugged into the interface so that I can use the monitors as computer speakers without having to turn on my Kemper

I've played around with the different settings on the Focusrite Control program as well as on the Kempers Output Source page, but don't seem to be having any luck.

Focusrite settings:

Sample Rate: 44.1kHz

Clock Source: S/PDIF

Retain 48V: Enable

Outputs: set to playback 1-2 or S/PDIF 1-2 - those settings show sound, the exception is the S/PDIF Outputs 1-2, if this is set to S/PDIF 1-2 there is squeeling.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

• Got in touch with Focusrite help - there were a few things, but all user error/ignorance.

All I needed to do was turn up one of the volume faders on the Focusrite Control software and set up a new connection in Focusrite Control.

The guys at Focusrite were extremely helpful and patient.