Using a 1 button footswitch to turn one effect on and off per patch?

• I have the Remote. But if I plug a one button switch in, and have a Performance slot with a Chorus assigned, how would I set it up so that chorus turns on and off with a click? On the Remote it’s easy, I just hold the button on the profiler and tap the footswitch. Does that work the same way with a 1 button?

I want the option to leave the remote home. I can switch slots between songs, but I need to turn the Chorus on and off during a song.

Thoughts?

• You can use switches of course. Have a look at the main manual:

Single and Dual Switches of Other Brands

The PROFILER requires so-called “momentary” and “normally open” switches. Channel switches for tube amplifiers are not compatible with the PROFILER, as they use a latching mechanism that would only trigger their assigned switching function every other hit. Single switches are connected via a TS cable, and dual switches via a TRS cable. Select “Mono Switch” or “Dual Switch” Mode on the corresponding "Pedal” page in Pedal Settings of PROFILER Stage or System Settings of all other PROFILER variants and assign a switching function with the soft knob labeled “Switch Tip”. If “Dual Switch” is selected, another switching function can be assigned with soft knob labeled “Switch Ring”. If your external switch allows to change its polarity (e.g. Boss® FS-5 and FS-6), set it to normally open. The switching function should be triggered as soon as you hit the button. Wrong polarity implies, that the switching function gets triggered, when you release the button. Especially if you intend to control Looper Start and Looper Stop with the external switch, wrong polarity can lead to odd results as both hitting and releasing the buttons have their meaning. Don’t forget to press “Calibrate” and trigger each switch once.

• as written in the manual you need to assign a function to the analog footswitch on the corresponding pedal settings page. If you want to control the state of a certain effect slot you need to assign that function to the switch on the pedal settings page.

• Thank you so far. I found what I think would be a cheap 2 button: https://www.amazon.com/Hotone-…l%2Caps%2C117&sr=8-1&th=1

Ampero, says momentary on it. So I'm guessing this is what I'd need.

One button would be to turn Mod off and on, and I could use the 2nd for a Tuner/mute? That would be a handy minimalistic solution for when the full Remote isn't needed.

Thoughts?

• I have a 3 button footswitch from TC/Digitech amps...still using just a single TRS cable, but I have to assume that is no good with the Kemper. I didn't try it. But the 4 button switch I've seen out of Poland uses 2 TRS cables, so I'm guessing it's 1 or 2 buttons max for each TRS cable.

I really want the matching Kemper 2 button, but can't find one in the US it seems. I like things that match LOL.

• I have a 3 button footswitch from TC/Digitech amps...still using just a single TRS cable, but I have to assume that is no good with the Kemper. I didn't try it. But the 4 button switch I've seen out of Poland uses 2 TRS cables, so I'm guessing it's 1 or 2 buttons max for each TRS cable.

I really want the matching Kemper 2 button, but can't find one in the US it seems. I like things that match LOL.

This one? https://shop.kempermusic.us/profiler-switch-2-way.html

• New
    • Official Post

One word of caution regarding this Hotone switch:

The PROFILER requires momentary switches, which are normally open! That info can be found in our manuals. This Hotone switch seems to be normally closed. We found this out when we received support tickets reporting strange behaviors, which can be explained by switches with inverse polarity. We didn't find this information in any Hotone specifications, but found a customer review at one of the big online dealers, which highlights the fact, that the user found out that this switch is normally closed.

The implications could be:

Switching effects on/off, doesn't happen, when you hit the button, but when you release it instead. Depending on how you work, you might not even notice this.

Functions like Looper Start and Looper Stop would be completely confused, since the timing of closing and opening the contacts is essential.

If you assign TAP at models with Beat Scanner, the Beat Scanner might be active all the time except while you hold the button.

With functions like Bank Up and Bank Down, the button might be competeing with the BANK button at the front panel. You could experience things like pressing the BANK button at the panel, the Player steps one BANK upwards and immediately one Bank down again, since the Hotone with normally closed contact gets interpreted like a normally open button being pressed.

I have a Digitech FS3X 3-button footswitch and it works with the Kemper.

Plug it in, to switch/pedal 2

- go to page 7/18 in the system settings

- select Mode: Dual Switch

- the buttons on the footswitch from left to right are labelled "Mode", "Down" and "Up"

- the footswitch Mode button will operate whatever function you have assigned to "Switch Tip"

- the footswitch Down button will operate whatever function you have assigned to "Switch Ring"

- the footswitch Up button has the same effect as pressing the other two buttons together and thus operates both "Switch Tip" and "Switch Ring" simultaneously.

• Burkhard

Given that we now know this type of 3 button switch works with the profiler, is there any chance of adding a Triple Switch option to the pedal types to allow users to take full advantage of this? Obviously this would be great for the main profilers but it would be absolutely awesome for the player which only has one pedal input.

• There are these MIDI devices with 2, 4, or 6 buttons getting cheaper and cheaper.

Understood, but simple hard wired foot switches are less prone to problems and issues of incompatibility.

Also for old fashioned guys like me who still prefer the Head and Remote setup but are too clumsy to reach the upper row of foot switches (I - IIII) without accidentally changing rigs :D it would be really nice to have access to three expression pedals (as I have now) plus 3 additional buttons rather than the current 2 and without the need to ditch the remote in favour of a less user friendly midi controller.

You can't fault me for dreaming big ;)