Speaker cable or instrument cable for direct output into Apollo solo

• Do I use an instrument cable or speaker cable for direct output or monitor output into Apollo solo line input, labeled as mic/line 1L

(I am not talking about the front guitar port from the Apollo solo).

• The main outs are what you want.

Consulting the manual, p41 & 42:

The direct out is primarily for the profiling process, but also used for an effects loop.

Monitor out is designed for exactly that - a stage monitor with its own controls.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Edited once, last by Ruefus ().

• Do I use an instrument cable or speaker cable for direct output or monitor output into Apollo solo line input, labeled as mic/line 1L

(I am not talking about the front guitar port from the Apollo solo).

• Instrument cable from Profiler Direct Output to Apollo front guitar input (with Direct Output set to Git Analog) in case you want to record a DI track.
    • XLR female -> 1/4" TRS from Profiler Main Output L to Apollo Mic/Line 1L (with Main Output set to Master Mono) to monitor/record the Profiler in mono.
    • 2 x XLR female -> 1/4" TRS from Profiler Main Output L/R to Apollo Mic/Line 1L/2R (with Main Output set to Master Stereo) to monitor/record the Profiler in stereo.

No speaker cables required to hook up to your audio interface.

• With line audio, you can get away with simpler shielding.

Instrument cables generally have better/more shielding since the signal generated by the pickups is so minute.

thanks. I wasn’t aware such a thing existed other than those super cheap RCA hifi type cables.

Even so, I wouldn’t skimp on cheap poorly shielded cable to save a few pounds. I wouldn’t waste money on stupidly expensive “premium” brand instrument cables but would go for a decent quality instrument cable rather than skimp on unshielded or badly shielded cables every time.

• Instrument cable from Profiler Direct Output to Apollo front guitar input (with Direct Output set to Git Analog) in case you want to record a DI track.
    • XLR female -> 1/4" TRS from Profiler Main Output L to Apollo Mic/Line 1L (with Main Output set to Master Mono) to monitor/record the Profiler in mono.
    • 2 x XLR female -> 1/4" TRS from Profiler Main Output L/R to Apollo Mic/Line 1L/2R (with Main Output set to Master Stereo) to monitor/record the Profiler in stereo.

No speaker cables required to hook up to your audio interface.

This right here. ^^^

With line audio, you can get away with simpler shielding.

Instrument cables generally have better/more shielding since the signal generated by the pickups is so minute.

I would still recommend using an instrument cable. Extra shielding is a good thing. Speaker cables typically only have the PVC shielding on the outside of the wire. An instrument cable will have a metal shielding inside of the PVC shielding to help prevent any noise getting introduced into the signal. While a speaker cable may work there is more potential for noise to get into the signal.