Rack version, way to see what the soft knobs are set at without having to turn them first?

• Is there a way? I tried my Rack tonight after using the toaster for a few weeks. I didn’t think I’d miss the light rings around the eq soft knobs, but I really do. I can’t see at all what my eq is. I have to turn one, then wait a second to see the number, then try to put it back where it was. Awkward for sure. Is there a hack to show the value right next to the Bass, Treble, etc. text in the lcd?

I might have to sell the rack and use the toaster live after all.

I can assume no way to see those values?

• After selecting a rig, the main screen comes up, showing the name, STOMPS, AMP, EFFECTS etc. as well as Bass, Middle, Treble and Presence and their values.

Don - I think he means is there a way to keep those values visible all the time. I assume they disappear after you select the rig???

Not got mine in front of me so I can't remember :)

• I'm trying to figure out why you need to look at the Profiler during a live show anyway. Wouldn't you set necessary values beforehand and save to your performances?

I don't even look at values when tweaking except Delay times. I turn things according to when my ears say stop.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• I'm trying to figure out why you need to look at the Profiler during a live show anyway. Wouldn't you set necessary values beforehand and save to your performances?

I don't even look at values when tweaking except Delay times. I turn things according to when my ears say stop.

I have to say I agree...I've not touched my tone controls in...erm...ages.

• Because I just got it. I am trying to dial in the eq while playing with a live band. Sitting home dialing in eq does me no good. So for a few shows I need to be able to fix eq to sound better live. On top of that, I use three or four different patches that each have a unique tone. And those each need adjustments until I get them all set. Then yes, I won’t have to touch them much.

With the light rings I can just look back and see where I’m at on each knob. With rack, I see nothing at all. And when trying to adjust during a song, only have a few beats sometimes, having to first turn a knob, read the tiny number, turn it, takes too long.

That’s why I want to see at least the values all the time.

• You should have taken a Stage + an iPad you could change parameters on the fly.

Can't you change EQ in output section for all your rigs ?

Or you bring your toaster, change settings and save them into your rack...

• I did not want to have both a pedalboard and an amp. We are in ears, but still use cabs/amps on stage for some fill in the room. One ethernet cable to the floorboard, which I often don't need, vs. a floorboard with xlr, power, wireless inputs and cables back to an amp and all that...just not what I wanted.

I might have to bring the toaster to the first few gigs and practices and get it all set. Unlike a traditional bass amp, with knobs that have little markers for position, or my TC Electronic amps that have lighted rings, the default Kemper Rack LCD literally shows no EQ settings at all unless I hit at least one button, or turn a knob first to see what it's at.

In a perfect world, the LCD on the rack would show always, the type of knob, and it's setting value. Large enough to see without too much trouble.

I get it with the rack, 99% of systems I've seen using a Rack all have them off stage, behind things, and they don't worry about it.

But I'm using the Rack like a regular amp. I want to see my settings in real time for adjustments, and it's just one step away from being able to do that for me.

I very well might end up just using the Toaster and moving the rack down the road to someone else. But it's awfully convienent having it rack mounted in a 4 space rack, wireless guitar, iem, all cables already attached, not even that heavy either. Plus, 600w amp ready to go.

• I have the rack and use it in exactly the same way.

I get your point for initially setting it up but I don't understand why you think it will be a problem moving forward:

1) you should be able to sort this at 1 if not 2 soundchecks - there is no need IMO for constant changes.

2) Rehearsals - it will get you 95% there

3) The numbers aren't that difficult to read.

Hope you get it sorted.