Rename Rigs In RM

• ^^^ They actually will not rename that way unless you like click off an on and effect, stomp, change a parameter, etc. and then select "Replace Rig". This is a major PIA that Kemper needs to fix. Very confusing.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Seems to be working normally for me. I don't need to do any editing of parameters, but I do need to click Replace Rig in the lower right corner to save the changed name. Otherwise it would change back to the original name when selecting another rig. Just tried it to make sure.

• Just tested and it works absolutely flawlessly for me on a Mac. Type new name hit return. Job done. No nee to save or replace just return and job's a goodun'

On Windoze 10, if I would hit "enter" (same as your return) and then close RM, the next time I open RM nothing would be changed. I had this happen to me a few times so I make sure I actually move a parameter or something, set it back, and then save the rig before I close RM.

• For me on Windows 10, hitting return looks like it works (the name changes in the middle section). But if you don't save the change, that rig reverts to what it was when you change rigs or exit and restart. Maybe for you all it's different.

But I wouldn't defend the RM design. It's better than having no editor/manager, but it's a really weird approach for managing a simple database.

• For me on Windows 10, hitting return looks like it works (the name changes in the middle section). But if you don't save the change, that rig reverts to what it was when you change rigs or exit and restart. Maybe for you all it's different.

But I wouldn't defend the RM design. It's better than having no editor/manager, but it's a really weird approach for managing a simple database.

That's what I said. However, if you don't move a parameter or turn and effect off or on then the "replace rig" will not be available (highlighted). I just verified this again.

• You rename them in the upper right corner

There are multiple ways to rename a Rig.

In the scenario shown on that picture - Rig resides in MyProfiler and is selected (green line without headphones icon) - you should be able to enter another string in the box marked yellow in your picture and press enter at your keyboard. Enter is sufficient. The Rig gets immediately overwritten with its new name. Selecting, changing any tag and overwriting with the Enter key of the computer keyboard can also be done with multiple Rigs in one go and while no PROFILER is connected.

Be aware, that the editor area with the store buttons at the bottom relate to the Rig currently loaded, which is marked with a headphones icon in Rig Manager and gets displayed on the screen of the PROFILER. Editor area and store buttons are only available in Rig Manager while a PROFILER is connected. If a Rig is loaded, you can also change its Rig Name like above and overwrite pressing Enter at the computer keyboard, but only as long as the Rig has not been edited. As soon as you edit a Rig e.g. increasing Gain level or selecting another effect typ in module C, the line with the Rig marked with the headphones icon changes from green to red and the Replace button at the bottom gets activated. If you now change a tag like Rig Name and press Enter, the change will not get immediately stored, but will affect the edited state of the Rig. If you press Replace at the bottom at any time, the new Rig NAme will be stored together with the new Gain level and new effect type in module C.

While this might sound complicated, it should be very intuitive in the day to day use.

• :)Thank you all very much!!!!!!!!