Kemper Remote Long Cable

• Does anyone have any recommendations for Kemper Remote Cables? Im looking for something at least 50ft, also do I need to make any mods to the remote itself if I plan on using a cable that is at least 50ft long? Any of you have had any situations like it? Thanks!

• From the Main Manual chapter Remote paragraph Cabling:

The PROFILER and PROFILER Remote communicate with each other via an ethernet cable. The cable included in the PROFILER Remote package with its Neutrik® etherCON® cable connector carrier has been carefully selected and is perfectly suited for this purpose. If you decide to use any 3rd party cable, please make sure it meets our quality standards.

The diameter of the wire is the critical factor. The cable delivered with the Remote meets American Wire Gauge 24 (AWG), which can support up to 7.5m (22ft) length. AWG 26 cables have a smaller diameter and can only support up to 5m (15ft). Cables with higher AWG e.g. AWG 28 should not be used with the Remote.

Cables in excess of 10m (30ft) might require a Power over Ethernet Injector (PoE Injector).

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• I'm using no Cable since 2 Years. Without any trouble.

Google translate:
    https://www-kemper--amps-com.translate.goog/forum/index.php?thread/49526-kemper-remote-wlan-fähig-machen/&_x_tr_sl=de&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=de&_x_tr_pto=wapp

This short video shows the remote 2 "Closed Doors away from the Kemper and a iPad attached in addition.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Be the force with you ;)

• I just bought a 20' British Audio cable, claimed to be much higher quality and coils and lays like a mic cable. I also bought a Neutrik ethercon coupler so I can combine both OEM cable and this new cable together if needed. I installed a $20 POE behind my Rack so I can push long cable lengths easily (and save wear and tear on the network jack on the Kemper).

It wasn't particularly cheap. And honestly, it does not lay like a typical XLR cable. It's thicker than the regular cable. But it still has "memory" and does not coil up like a guitar or xlr cable at all. So in that respect, not thrilled. I really want a long cable that lays flat on the ground just like a mic cable.

My goal was to try the 20' (or maybe I bought the 25', they have both) and then if nice, I'd spring for a longer cable. But for now, unless someone tells me about a real coilable ethercon cable, I'm sticking with OEM.

• I just bought a 20' British Audio cable, claimed to be much higher quality and coils and lays like a mic cable. I also bought a Neutrik ethercon coupler so I can combine both OEM cable and this new cable together if needed. I installed a $20 POE behind my Rack so I can push long cable lengths easily (and save wear and tear on the network jack on the Kemper).

It wasn't particularly cheap. And honestly, it does not lay like a typical XLR cable. It's thicker than the regular cable. But it still has "memory" and does not coil up like a guitar or xlr cable at all. So in that respect, not thrilled. I really want a long cable that lays flat on the ground just like a mic cable.

My goal was to try the 20' (or maybe I bought the 25', they have both) and then if nice, I'd spring for a longer cable. But for now, unless someone tells me about a real coilable ethercon cable, I'm sticking with OEM.

like you, i would love to find a cable that lies flat an coils easily like a regular mic cable. I don’t need the extran length but the memory in the OEM cable really hacks me off.

• Has anyone tried various ethercon cables to see if any have got it right? The problem I see with amazon searching is they all seem to have the ethercon ends on both ends of the cable, where we'd need one regular end and one ethercon. An adapter could of course be used. Or a custom hack. But certainly someone makes a true XLR-like cable out there? Maybe not. With so many conductors in the cable compared to the 3 in an XLR, it probably keeps them from being super flexible. And if they did manage to do it, the thing is probably as thick as a good power cable.

• Ans anyone tried various ethercon cables to see if any have got it right? The problem I see with amazon searching is they all seem to have the ethercon ends on both ends of the cable, where we'd need one regular end and one ethercon. An adapter could of course be used. Or a custom hack. But certainly someone makes a true XLR-like cable out there? Maybe not. With so many conductors in the cable compared to the 3 in an XLR, it probably keeps them from being super flexible. And if they did manage to do it, the thing is probably as thick as a good power cable.

It actually appears that the Ethercon housing only covers a conventional RJ45. Therefore, it should in theory be possible to simply add an ethercon to one end of any regular ethernet cable or to buy a cable with Ethercon on each end and remove one as needed.

https://www.designacable.com/n…mi2TxXVWZEjkaAiwbEALw_wcB

• I'm very happy with this:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/152148531116

Works great. Lies flat.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• I got the recommended one by Kemper: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001…dt_b_product_details&th=1

Then I bought a super short 6" cable to connect it to the Kemper. It sticks pointing out the back of my 4 space rack so I can just plug the cable in. Do I plan on going beyond the 20' length? Probably not, but I thought it would make sense to just install it anyway just in case I want to, it's already there. It's amazingly cheap too, considering everything seems to cost 5X what it's seemingly worth. It works perfect so far.

• The one I posted is like a guitar cable.

• If I understand you correctly then yes.

• I only needed `15 feet, but this one works great, coils like a mic cable. I used a PoE in the back of my Gator rack that the Kemper Rack is housed in. This one come in lengths up to 100 feet.

EtherCon cable

I got a TP-Link Gigabit Power Over Ethernet PoE Injector Adapter TL-PoE150S off ebay for around US$16. This is one that Kemper said was compatible, and I've zero issues since installation. It's just velcroed into the rear of of my Gator rack.

Power over Ethernet Injector

I got a rear rack panel from BTPA Connectors that has all my necessary interfaces so that the stress on the Kemper is minimized, and it's super easy to connect at the gig. You can specify whatever interfaces you want, and they build a wired 19" rack panel with the connections.

BTPA Kemper Panel

• If a POE injector is used would you still be able to use any cable of any length without damaging anything? I get it works like a charm for the longer runs but if you use, say a 20 ft or 15 ft, can you still use the POE injector or should you just use it for the longer runs?

Mckay

• I think the POE injectors are "intelligent" and supply the amount of power needed. So a short run would not require much or any, and I think the POE injector would not "oversupply" power. Somebody else please confirm or deny.

It's not like phantom power that hits 48v all the time.