Power Kabinet-used prices equal higher than new???

• In EU. Wanted to give it a 2nd try...all what I find is 500€-600€...(new is 578€, 5 days delivery)

....am I missing something about used market?

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better

• When new product is out of stock then used prices go up if the product is in demand. Also, because of worldwide inflation (caused by my US :cursing:), used gear sites have upped their percentage fees to sellers, and shipping costs are up. It's just bad news no matter how you look at it.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• When new product is out of stock then used prices go up if the product is in demand. Also, because of worldwide inflation (caused by my US :cursing:), used gear sites have upped their percentage fees to sellers, and shipping costs are up. It's just bad news no matter how you look at it.

Kemper shop in Germany gives 5 days delivery, it's available...

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better

Hm inflation is not caused by the US buddy :).

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Just don't buy at those prices...

And yes, the USA is a victim of the same circumstances as the rest of the world. Energy prices, Putin, Covid, in general. Trump admin did reduce regs that caused overproduction and a glut on the market which caused oil prices to fall. Also, Covid reduce demand making the glut worse. This created a situation in which is was no longer profitable to pull oil out of the ground so many exited the business. Now we are all impacted.

• You guys are being too forgiving to us Americans so I won't quibble with you. But I freakin quibble when I see new gear prices compared to a year ago. This shiite getting bad.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Its everything not just gear. I buy guitar strings for about $8.00 and when I do my yearly string change I sell the used ones for $8.50. Don't even get me started on what I charge for used guitar picks or used gum.

• You guys are being too forgiving to us Americans so I won't quibble with you. But I freakin quibble when I see new gear prices compared to a year ago. This shiite getting bad.

No. Really. The US didn't cause global inflation. Please don't believe that.

With love :)

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

I quite like you Americans so not gonna blame you for stuff that isn't your fault :)

Back to gera prices - yeah its not just gear, the cost of living in general has gone up, but it will balance out again...thats the nature of economics

• Saw this the other day and my jaw dropped. This is more than double what I payed a few years ago. Just insane.

• Well... I think it kinda goes like this:

1. Pandemic forces people to work from home and school from home
    2. Demand for electronic equipment (computers, TV's, cameras, etc, etc, etc) goes out the roof
    3. Chip demand (both large processors and popcorn parts alike) goes up beyond factory ability to supply
    4. New products can't be built to satisfy demand
    5. Demand for used products increase
    6. Used product prices increase

I work in electronics and for the last 3 years it has been the new normal that volume part orders have a lead time of >1 year .... and then sometimes you don't even get them when they promised.

New prices are being forced up as well as the demand for chips allowed the chip OEM's to raise their prices so that pretty much everything goes up in price.

Oil prices in the US aren't in a horrible way anymore, but in Europe, the follow-on effects of the war and reliance on Russian oil/gas has had a big effect on everything there since transportation costs are linked to fuel prices which makes everything go up. Note: The shift to EV's SHOULD eventually put strong downward pressure on oil prices. I have heard an argument that it could go the opposite direction though and the oil producing nations will lower production to keep the prices high. My personal thought on this strategy is that it sounds like a great way to have oil demand dry up even faster as EV's become even more economical compared to ICE (internal combustion engines).

I know you fellas over the pond think we in the states are big babies when we cry about gas prices when they are >$4.00/gal. I have done a fair amount of travel in Europe and have been stunned at the prices of fuel there! IIRC it was around double when I figured out the euro/liter to dollar per gallon calculation. In Germany today, Google says gas is ~$7.14 / gal compared to $3.52 in the US. People in the US would flat out revolt at this price!

Strange how you never see an F150 in Europe ;)