Monitor out question

• Hey Guys,

I have a vocal harmony pedal set up so that the monitor out sends it the signal/chords so it can detect what pitch the harmony should be. Sometimes, I turn my volume pedal all the way down so that I can play the guitar and continue sending the chords to the pedal even though no guitar will be coming through the mains. I've realized that this is the ONLY time I actually use my volume pedal and I'm thinking it's a waste of space.

My question is, if I were to mute my guitar signal from going out of the mains by stepping on the tuner button, will the monitor out still send the signal/chords to the harmony pedal? If not, is there a way to set things up so that I can still play the guitar and have the chords sent to the harmony pedal without actually having any sound come through the mains? Or am I going to need to keep my volume pedal for this?

• Have you tried using the Direct Out? You can set the Direct Out's Output Setting to "Git Analog", and send the original guitar signal to your vocal processor.

From Main Manual 8.5, page 112:

"the volume control of the respective outputs will have no impact on the "Git …” source settings, because they are made to reproduce the original instrument volume."

Thanks paults. I'll give that a try. I did see that part in the manual, but I wasn't sure if the volume aspect also applied to when the tuner is engaged and everything is muted. I wasn't sure if they considered that a volume control.