Release Impulse Responses to use Kone for other sources / Active Kabinet FRFR Feature

• Kemper Kone works great, also for Acoustic guitar or Bass guitar. (I’m using several units, Kabinet and Kones in 2x12” Cabinets)

It would be great if Kemper could release official Impulse Responses for all the imprints, also Linear. So anybody could use the Kone / Kabinet with any digital device, just loading the Kone Impulse Responses.

It would also be a possibility to improve the power Kabinet with an additional "general input" driven by a small DSP section. There could be a selector for FRFR and all the possible Imprints. This improved power Kabinet could be used with any modeler or acoustic guitar. Even for people who use only effect boards without an amplifier, this could be a great solution.

never thought that I would like the Kemper that much...! 8|

• That would be a great solution for other modelers that currently can't use the Kabinet....but it depends what the Kabinet is for.

I think you see it as a separate product, I see it as part of the eco system for Kemper..... so why would Kemper "give away" their tech to make other modelers sound better? They basically give away their USP....but its up to them if they see the additional sales of the Kabinet compensates for reduced sales of the KPA...

Analogy - Tesla are doing something similar by opening up their Superchargers to non Tesla manufacturers...which is starting to annoy Tesla owners as it was one of the reasons they bought the car - the robust charge network. Nothing more infuriating queuing to charge when a space is taken up by a Volvo...

• That would be a great solution for other modelers that currently can't use the Kabinet....but it depends what the Kabinet is for.

I think you see it as a separate product, I see it as part of the eco system for Kemper..... so why would Kemper "give away" their tech to make other modelers sound better? They basically give away their USP....but its up to them if they see the additional sales of the Kabinet compensates for reduced sales of the KPA...

Analogy - Tesla are doing something similar by opening up their Superchargers to non Tesla manufacturers...which is starting to annoy Tesla owners as it was one of the reasons they bought the car - the robust charge network. Nothing more infuriating queuing to charge when a space is taken up by a Volvo...

You are right, they have to decide which way to go. But it could also be good marketing possibility for Kemper. If somebody buys and likes the Kabinet, he might also try the Kemper.

If they want to remain in the market, they have to release upgraded devices anyway (soon!!). Kone/Kabinet technology will not be enough to make a difference.

Anyway, I’m a technician not a salesman, so I prefer thinking about technical solutions 😉

• I have been reading this sentence, admittedly with changing conclusions, ever since this forum went online around 10 years ago. ;)

^^ I haven't been in this comunity for so long. But the situation is not the same anymore than 10 years ago...
    so... what about the IRs of the imprints? ;)

• ^^ I haven't been in this comunity for so long. But the situation is not the same anymore than 10 years ago...
    so... what about the IRs of the imprints? ;)

Kemper is the same. Chasing the market is clearly of no interest to them.

The Stage was released 8 or so years after the original Toaster. Other than form-factor and a few minor doodads it does exactly the same thing as the Rack and Toaster.

It sold blindingly fast.

Also….How does one create an IR for a technology requiring a special speaker.and is specifically designed to eliminate the one thing an IR requires? That being a microphone to capture the sound. The response part of Impulse Response.

If it could be done, someone would have, and not just for imprints.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Also….How does one create an IR for a technology requiring a special speaker.and is specifically designed to eliminate the one thing an IR requires? That being a microphone to capture the sound. The response part of Impulse Response.

Didn't you understand what I wrote in my first post?? ;)
    Shall I make a drawing for you?

Edited once, last by silvioherrmann ().

• If somebody buys and likes the Kabinet, he might also try the Kemper.

I don't think it's gonna work that way. IMO, most will buy a profiler first and wil go farther to have "amp in the room" with Kabinet addition...

That would be a great solution for other modelers that currently can't use the Kabinet....but it depends what the Kabinet is for.

Also….How does one create an IR for a technology requiring a special speaker.and is specifically designed to eliminate the one thing an IR requires? That being a microphone to capture the sound. The response part of Impulse Response.

The only current competitor i see, is L6 with its Powercab familly....

This unit can live by itself and it integrates all the menus to have a FRFR speaker or an amp in the room speaker (you choose which one you want)...

Is that an IR, an EQ or something else, i don't know, but if i have a Mooer, a kemper, a boss, a fractal, etc...I just have to disable the cab section in my modeler/profiler and choose the speaker i need in the Powercab....

I've understood in another thread that Kone wasn't an FRFR speaker but a broadband speaker.

I don't know exactly what it means || but when you tick "cab off" it reacts as an FRFR.

It implies that even for FRFR you can't use a Kabinet with another modeler....

I assume that Profiler are not magical devices and there's a receipe to achieve this....EQ/IRs ???

On one side, i understand that Kemper don't want to tell competitors how they achieve it (and they have to if they want customers to use it with other modelers due to Kone/Kabinet design), on the other side, i understand customers who have many modelers (it's more and more usual ;)8)) and don't want to buy a Kabinet cause it's only done for Kemper profilers.....

• The Kabinet is and was always intended for Profilers and nothing else. Maybe they have a desire to share it with others, but so far that answer is no. My guess is that the reason you don't see a Powercab-like offering is because the imprint technology interacts with the Profile in some way.

If that's true (and its total speculation), you can't replicate it in a standalone.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Why not use a cab with actual V30's? I love the Jensen and Oxford, plus the Greenback for some things.

Agreed. If you only use a single imprint I would just usemthe real thing in a regular guitar cab and be done with it. The whole point of the Kabinet is the ability to use diff speakers.

The Oxford is really good.

Love that speaker too. Bacl in the pre Kemper days Imused Two Notes Wall of Sound for IR and their Oxford pack was one of my go to cabs.

• The Kabinet is and was always intended for Profilers and nothing else. Maybe they have a desire to share it with others, but so far that answer is no. My guess is that the reason you don't see a Powercab-like offering is because the imprint technology interacts with the Profile in some way.

If that's true (and its total speculation), you can't replicate it in a standalone.

I think that Kemper could have done exactly a Powercab-like. But it means that they should launched directly a powerKab with an integrated CPU (or something like that) to simulate and choose the different speakers....

I think that Kemper started from the observation that every customers already owned a Profiler, and it's true, so no matter if Kone's parameters are in the Profiler instead of the Kabinet.

Some of Profiler's owner have got the Power ones (what Helix doesn't provide) so they didn't want (IMO) to force to pay another amplified device....

The other advantage we have is that we can built our own Kabinet, just buy an empty one, buy 1, 2, 4 Kones and you have the Kabinet you need/want....

Everything in not wrong and i understand why they did so.

• Why not use a cab with actual V30's? I love the Jensen and Oxford, plus the Greenback for some things.

For a couple of reasons:

1) the Cabs tend to be heavier

2) Less flexibility - total colouration. So for me even though it replicates a V30, its still shows the changes in profiles more so than a guitar cab. That could be psychological