New capture overwrites other profiles

• Hi,

I just did a few amp direct captures, the first profiling I've done in years and years, and I must have forgotten something.

The captures worked out pretty good, but when the Kemper asks me to input all the data and store the profile it overwrites the profile that was on before I started the capture. Now I have a mess where I've written all kinds of data on other profiles that I've bought earlier.

Why doesn't it just create a completely new empty profile?

Thanks

• ..I don't think it is possible to overwrite an existing rig this way...

Thanks for the reply. Somehow I've managed to do just that.

I followed the instructions on the the screen and filled out the data when asked. I doesn't help that it has to be done on the tiny screen instead of in Rig Manager for example (I know some of it can be changed afterwards in RM).

• I think I got the profiles sorted now. I had duplicates and other profiles where I had changed the tags.

Still don't quite understand why the tags of the previous loaded profile shows up in the fields after doing a capture. Why aren't they blank if it's a new profile? It's like I'm saving two profiles every time.

On a side note, I just compared the Tonex and Kemper captures of my JCM800 head and preferred the Kemper.

• Still don't quite understand why the tags of the previous loaded profile shows up in the fields after doing a capture. Why aren't they blank if it's a new profile? It's like I'm saving two profiles every time.

There is a Reference PROFILE simply because it is an easy way to check the quality of your PROFILE-to-be.
    The idea is that you start from a PROFILE that is somewhat similar to what you want to create and being able to use that as a reference.

The tag-adoption happens to make life easier for when you create a number of PROFILEs. You only have to put in the bulk of the information once and the tags will be all in place for the next PROFILE of the same amp.

You can use a USB keyboard to put in the info, or use RIg Manager.

• Thanks DonPetersen, I think I got the hang of it now.

That initial reference profile had me confused. I've just pulled up anything unimportant, in case it gets mixed up. Now I'll use the previous profile so the tags are filled out, as you said. I tried a few more and just erased the tags and then filled them out in Rig Manager, which worked well too.

cheers