Dinosaur Question Need Help ASAP Please

• I own the original Kemper rack mounted non powered head and due to a lengthy divorce with my setup in storage, I have completely forgotten how to connect my Fryette PS2 to the Kemper Head.

Not that it matters at least I don't think but I run into two Mission Engineering that it appears they have discontinued which contain two Eminence expanded frequency guitar spears according to ME. They are super light and sound amazing, but you typically have to turn off the Cab Sim.

According to ME who used to be PCB clients of mine while working at Cadence and OrCAD, these were originally supposed to be a SW exclusive, however I did see them in both slant and straight and even in black on MEs website a few years back. I cannot recommend them enough for those who don't use the Kemper Kab or any other FRFR setup.

I never ran them in stereo however that is now an option, I simply forgot how to properly connect the non-powered rack mount head and the Fryette Power Station 2.

Any advice from someone who is running a similar setup would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely, Garett, Sustain Guitars (website is being revamped currently)

https://youtu.be/b-JRpNzYbnw

• From the Musicians Friend description, the Fryette appears to be a 50 watt mono amplifier (2 6L6 power tubes). I suggest downloading the Fryette manual, to be sure.

If it is Mono, connect the Kemper Monitor Output to the Fryette "Unbalanced 1/4” Line In". Using the Monitor output will give you the option of sending the Main Output to PA or to a recording mixer. You can checkmark "Monitor Cab Off" in the Output menu to retain the sound of the Profile Cabinets in the Main and Headphone Outputs.

Connect your two Mission cabinets to "Speaker Out 1, Speaker Out 2".

Set the "Speaker Impedance select 2/4, 8 or 16 ohms", depending on the impedance of the two cabinets connected to the two Speaker Outs.

• What type of cables are required or preferred? Patch, Speaker, Instrument?

I had it set up at one time flawlessly but when I needed to move my possessions into storage, I didn't take note of the setup!

Thanks for the prompt response but I cannot seem to find the Fryette manual.

G

• IMHO, you have the best amp. I have the PS-100 so I may be a bit biased... :)

I have the Kemper Stage. I ran it into the line in on the Fryette from the output of my Kemper. You will want to use a patch cable or instrument cable (1/4") so you have the extra shielding in it to help keep noise out of your signal. You will want to make sure you have the cabinet turned off in the profile since you are sending the signal into a real cabinet.

The Kemper sounds massive running it this way.