spdif out has artifacts - Kemper to UFX

• Ok so I built a digital cable using the UFX recommended setup. Its basically a 10ft XLR cable with a RCA hookup on one end and XLR on the other. the ground is left not connected to the RCA. I used mogami starquad.

however I am hearing little digital artifacts quite frequently and occasionally losing clock connection. Somethings up. The issue is just through the Digital out. Other outputs are fine. Im presuming its just the cable.

Should I be using AES cable or something?

Dom

• actually I managed to fix it for the most part. Didnt realize that I had turned off the kemper as master. Still messes a bit though. still loses connection sometimes and I have to restart the sound card and my DAW.

• No issues here at all with the s/pdif out to my RME Fireface 800.

And you are running 1.1.1?

Are you using high gain rigs and editing the FX on them? It seems that the problem is showing up when I start editing the FX on a few rigs I use a lot....

• And you are running 1.1.1?

Are you using high gain rigs and editing the FX on them? It seems that the problem is showing up when I start editing the FX on a few rigs I use a lot....

My fault. I'm still on 1.1.0. It's been so solid for me I haven't updated to the beta yet.

I'll give it a try and see what happens. I mainly play high gain rigs but generally use little to no effects.

• Is it S/PDIF cabel coax, you should use to connect to the soundcard, in my case a presonus firepod/FP10?
    And do i have to use 2 cables one for input and the other for output? ?(