Transpose Effect With an Acoustic Guitar

• Hi,

I checked and the "parallel" function was not engaged (see photo of my Kemper, with the rig that has the transpose effect applied to it).

I am using feeding the Kemper main outputs to ch 7 and 8 on a Focusrite 18i20 and then USB to my iMAc for recording in Garage Band.

I am also using the USB out of the Kemper into my iMac for Rig Manager (see photo of the back the Kemper and the Focusrite).

• Well, I wish I could confirm that an electric guitar works, but now I have another problem pop up which has occured with the Kemper for several weeks:

I periodically get an error message which says that Rig Mgr does not see an attached Kemper unit (see screen shot).

Kemper Support has said it is a software problem that will probably be resolved in a future release. I bought a new USB cable just to be sure it wasnt

a connection issue. But I did notice there is a bit of "wiggle" on the Kemper USB port itself.

But this error message occurs frequently ... very frustrating.

• I think one of your Main Outputs is set to a value that doesn't include the transpose. What are they set to?

the Git/Stack, Git/Master Mono etc. output sources are only available for the SPDIF output. It would also not explain why this does only happen with the acoustic guitar but not with the electric guitar of the customer.

• Have you tried to start the Profiler while keeping the System button pressed to reset the global settings? If the issue is caused by some super odd software scenario this would potentially fix it. Keep the System button pressed during startup until you see a message in the display that tells you that the global settings are being reset. You will have to reenter your name and confirm time&date but none of your rigs and performances will be altered.

• the Git/Stack, Git/Master Mono etc. output sources are only available for the SPDIF output. It would also not explain why this does only happen with the acoustic guitar but not with the electric guitar of the customer.

My mistake I guess. I thought I could define which s. ignal was carried by each TRS output

• I wanted to report back that I am still dead in the water.

I have shut down the Profiler and Rig Manager and restarted, but still getting the darned error message "No Profiler Found".

I will report back if it ever works again!

• Kemper Support #1: I was able to reset the Global Setting upon the start up as you suggested. That is probably wise just from the standpoint I may done something I shouldnt have -- as a newbie.

• OK, after shutting down and rebooting several times, the Rig Mgr sees the Profiler.

And I can confirm that my (brand new) Clapton Strat works fine using the Transpose set to -1. Transpose works as it should.

I then switched to the Yamaha acoustic (with the K&K Mini passive aftermarket pickup) and I can testify that it did not work.

It sounded spacey,

No changes were made to anything during the switch.

• Thank you for your responses. In the big picture, my problem with adding a Transpose -1 effect on an acoustic is not a big deal.

What is a big deal is my Rig Mgr not seeing my Profiler... a problem I have had for weeks now. It has made me rethink my $2700 investment in the Profiler and Kemper Powered Kabinet...:whistling:

• That would confirm that the problem is the guitar rather than the KPA but I can’t think what would cause it unfortunately.

• Thank you for your responses. In the big picture, my problem with adding a Transpose -1 effect on an acoustic is not a big deal.

What is a big deal is my Rig Mgr not seeing my Profiler... a problem I have had for weeks now. It has made me rethink my $2700 investment in the Profiler and Kemper Powered Kabinet...:whistling:

I have the same issues you have:

The transpose function does not work as intended. I can hear the transposed note and the original. But in my case with a Strat, a PRS, a Tele... which means is not the guitar. No parallel path engaged. SPDIF Output set to Master Stereo. The same via the Rig controls as via the Transpose effect. Reset Init Globals had no effects over this. Os Version: Release 8.7.15.42312.

The Rig Manager can not found a Profiler message in my case only appears when the computer (a PC) has recovered from suspension mode. My workaround is simply unplug and plug the usb connector. Hope this helps.

• The transpose function does not work as intended. I can hear the transposed note and the original. But in my case with a Strat, a PRS, a Tele... which means is not the guitar.

This not the case. The Transpose does work properly as many users (including myself) can confirm . It is amazing how loud the transposed effect needs to be to drown out the acoustic noise of even a solid body guitar. Another, common cause of the problem is physical transmission of sound. If the guitar is touching anything (such as a headphone cable) the sound can transmit to the player an be heard above/along with the transposed note.