Issues using Cubase 12 Pro to create Program Changes for Performance Mode

• Hello everyone,

I tried to look through the forum but couldn't find my specific problem. I am using Cubase for a long time to create MIDI files for program changes to use with the uTrack24. I never encountered any problems when I created these MIDI files for Browser changes within Cubase. Since I wanted to make everything more tidy I created Performance Slots for our songs in our set. So far so good. I am using the Cubase list editor to make changes to CC 47 to switch to the desired Performance Slot and CC 50 - CC 54 to change to the desired Rig Slot within the Performance Slot. This is working as intended. The biggest problem is that, for whatever reason, the Kemper switches to Slot 5 within the Performance Slot every time I stop playing. The midi change is only working if the switch happens while the song is running. That's already kind of time consuming and distrubing. The even more disturbing part is, that, whenever I switch to a different bar the Kemper is for whatever reason processing tons of midi information and doing tons of switches. While finetuning the first 3 songs I had to restart the Kemper at least 5 times because it froze.

Is Cubase sending any MIDI information that I am not aware of while changing to a different bar? Am I doing something completely wrong? :D

More information on the Setup:

Steinberg UR-RT 2 interface connected to Kemper Profiler Rack (8.7.10.388333).

Kemper MIDI Global Channel 2

Cubase MIDI Channel is set to omni

MIDI Setup in Cubase:

MIDI Channel - Omni

Bar 692:

CC47 with value 7 to Channel 2

CC47 with value 7 to Channel 3

CC50 with value 1 to Channel 2

CC50 with value 1 to Channel 3

As mentioned before, when running through a song, everything is working fine. But if I switch bars while playback or while pause, the Kemper is escalating.

Any kind of help is MUCH appreacited.

• check if your DAW is set to chase MIDI events. That would cause it to send all of the MIDI events that were placed between the previous song position and the one you are jumping to in one big burst.

Why are you sending the same events twice on two different MIDI channels?

CC47 with value 7 to Channel 2

CC47 with value 7 to Channel 3

CC50 with value 1 to Channel 2

CC50 with value 1 to Channel 3

• Thank you so much for the fast response! Didn't know MIDI chase was a thing. This fixed it!

I am sending the same event to trigger a switch for both guitar players Kemper. Is there a more easy way to do this? This is the basic setup I use at the start of a song to get to the right rig for both Kempers.

• you could send a single event to the first Profiler and forward that from the MIDI thru to the second Profiler. Both Profilers will need to be set to the same channel and you need a Head or Rack to do that since the Stage has no MIDI thru.

• If I understand that correct that would only make sense if both Kempers always have the same switch, right? That's not the case as we have several parts where one guitar switches rigs while the other guitars stays on the same rig.

• it would work as long as the desired rig is loaded into the same performance locations in each of the Profilers. The actual rigs can be completely different. And as long as any changes will occur on both Profilers at the same time of course.