Saving and loading custom user scales

• Using Kemper Stage.

I created some custom user scales for the harmoniser and figured out how to save them with a useful name.

If I try saving them again, I can see the original name I created in the displayed list of scales, so it looks like I saved the scales OK.

Problem is I can’t find out how to load custom scales.
    Can anyone explain how this works please?

Thanks

• Update: I figured this out. For anyone else working with custom harmoniser scales, this is what you do.

Saving a user scale:

1. Whilst in Edit mode in any harmoniser user scale, press the STORE button and choose "user scales" from the screen options.

2. This presents the NAME screen where you can add a useful name for the scales.

3. Press STORE and both User 1 and User 2 scales are stored in the RIG.

Loading a user scale:

1. Whilst in Edit mode in any harmoniser user scale, turn the BROWSE knob and you see list of available saved user scales.

2. The BROWSE knob lets you scroll the scale names, the creation date is also displayed which is helpful.

3. Press the soft button to LOAD the selected user scales into the current rig.

4. STORE the current rig.

So user scales are saved globally and can be loaded into existing rigs!

Happy bunny here! :)

• What if you only intend on using one of the two? I don't get why there would be two user scales used at the same time, I don't think you can switch between them right?

the harmonic pitch effect offers two additional voices. Each voice can have its own user scale. If you only want to use one you only activate one of the harmony voices.

• the harmonic pitch effect offers two additional voices. Each voice can have its own user scale. If you only want to use one you only activate one of the harmony voices.

Not that I would ever need to but it sounds like I could use one voice left and one voice right correct? If so that would be really cool and useful in some situations, It would allow you to accurately duplicate what 2 guitarists could do within a scale besides stay on a set interval in relation to notes!

• I though user scales were only stored in rigs and not globally. Are you sure selections aren't being displayed from contents of other existing rigs? (like cabinets "from rigs" are?)

Hmm.. good point. To test, I saved a bunch of scales with different names.
    I then went to a new rig and opened the harmoniser scale edit page, then the Browse knob shows a list of available scales and all my test scale names are displayed and can be loaded.

So, I’m not exactly sure where they physically get saved, but it provides the ability to save/load custom scales into different rigs.

All the advice I found previously said “duplicate a rig with the scale you want then change ALL the other parameters as required”. Well that method is just torture but was probably the only way in earlier software versions.