White Marshall

• Happy New Year

It's a New Year, that must mean it's time for a new stab at the old Randy Rhoads re-issue White Marshall 100 watt head ( it's freakish loud ). I also don't think I ever did it justice in the past, so here we go again. This time I'm trying 2 x Marshall 4x12 cabs each with the Fredman mic technique. That's 4 x SM 57's with the 55 degree angles as shown in pic.

Profiled with and without an Ibanez TS 808 tube screamer. I used the channel 1 in, which means the volume 1 & 2 were cascaded, with volume 1 at near 10 and channel 2 at 8 or so. I mean this thing was dimed. Voltage set to 112 volts using bucking transformer. I gave in and put the Boss Waza tube expander between the head and cabinets cause the volume was nuts.

Maybe these work for you ? Maybe they don't....Patches are in the RE.

-Wht Marshall // the starting point

-Wht Marshall boost // non boost profile with kemper boost pedal internally added

-Wht Marshall Overdrive neutral // profiled with ts808

-Wht Marshall Overdrive most // patch just tweaked up to give more juice

IMG_0115.jpeg

• Thanks man. Can't wait. Your profiles are the definition of doing an amp justice!

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Funny. I just stumbled upon this thread the day before yesterday:

https://www.thegearpage.net/bo…e-on-any-modeler.2434493/

Looking forward to see how yours stack up :)

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Funny. I just stumbled upon this thread the day before yesterday:

https://www.thegearpage.net/bo…e-on-any-modeler.2434493/

Looking forward to see how yours stack up :)

This model amp re-issue may be unique to Randy Rhoads ( ? ) in that the innards were inspected by a Marshall engineer. They opened up his old white amp and took measurements and based the re-issue model on those specs.. It is beefed up and outputs way more than 100 watts, some say closer to 150 or so ( but I would need confirmation on all that ) . It also has that cascade mod so you can get a bit more gain going into channel one, V1 tube is cascaded. Actually, I'm told Randy ended up not liking this sound and went into channel 2 only. This profile is not an attempt to get his sound, it's just an attempt to capture a slightly unique marshall reminiscent of that mid-late seventies period, but really turned up and pushed. The similarities will be there as it's likely he did something similar, and the eq settings may have gotten close to his. I think it's just what that amp responds to best, IMHO. Going through more than one cab has become crucial to me.

From personal experience it IS a bit grainy when the volume is lower and you're trying to boost it. But it also has a clarity that might be from the extra headroom, when playing the real amp, you have to be precise because it is less forgiving and really upfront in the upper mids, it doesn't compress so easily ? I think this aspect is not picked up in the profiles, however the profile with the internal Kemper boost gets closer, and we've all been told that it's better to profile the amp without overdrives in front - I think I can see why, but I'm still stubbornly trying to profile with booster in front!

Finally, I notice a slight aggressive upper midrange bark/bite that I don't hear in my other marshalls, especially the 1979 that has a master volume. This is where some might like this amp, and some might take a pass. Profiled with a Lespaul, but I found the Strat responded well too.

• Thank you! Your profiles are some of the best!

Update. These are exceptional profiles and killer for lead work. Playing with guitar volume knob on these have never been so much fun. Thanks again!

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

Edited once, last by BayouTexan ().

• Your Marshall profiles are some of the BEST! Thanks!

Rik

Kemper toaster >Kemper remote> 2 x Alto TS310 powered speakers Furman M-8XAR

• Some of the best profiles. (period)