White Marshall

• I love these profiles! Thank you so much! For anyone interested in finding a good Randy Rhoads Tribute tone, I have a few but one of my favorites is profile I found on RE from LasseLammert it's the RandallRG1503+TS with a Mesa Stiletto cab. Below is a demo of myself playing Crazy Train, the live version from Tribute. I do have to note that the recording does not do the profile justice, it actually sounds much better than is presented in the demo. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated as I'm always trying to tweak things in search of the ultimate Randy Rhoads Tribute tone. BTW, I'm using a Music Man EVH guitar in the demo, thus no toggle switch for the on/off toggle effect Randy used.

Crazy Train Live Tribute Demo

• I love these profiles! Thank you so much! For anyone interested in finding a good Randy Rhoads Tribute tone, I have a few but one of my favorites is profile I found on RE from LasseLammert it's the RandallRG1503+TS with a Mesa Stiletto cab. Below is a demo of myself playing Crazy Train, the live version from Tribute. I do have to note that the recording does not do the profile justice, it actually sounds much better than is presented in the demo. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated as I'm always trying to tweak things in search of the ultimate Randy Rhoads Tribute tone. BTW, I'm using a Music Man EVH guitar in the demo, thus no toggle switch for the on/off toggle effect Randy used.

Crazy Train Live Tribute Demo

I am a big fan of Lass Lammert. I connected with his profiles early on in my Kemper journey.

About Randy Rhoads, it appears he did not take delivery of the famous white marshall in time for the recording of Blizzard, the first album with Ozzy. The record was done with a rented stock 100 w JMP, so go figure.

For the Tribute album, I have heard unsubstantiated claims the sound on the record is not entirely true to his live sound. There are people who claim the guitar was re-amped, but I can’t confirm this one way or another. I think I heard that he was experimenting with load boxes a la EVH, but this is all conjecture. I’ve heard a few video clips of his playing, and seems the Tribute sound is a little darker and fuller, not so midrange-y as the studio albums. Ozzy re-recorded all his vocals, or doubled them, so Tribute is not a 100% live only album, FYI.

• I am a big fan of Lass Lammert. I connected with his profiles early on in my Kemper journey.

About Randy Rhoads, it appears he did not take delivery of the famous white marshall in time for the recording of Blizzard, the first album with Ozzy. The record was done with a rented stock 100 w JMP, so go figure.

For the Tribute album, I have heard unsubstantiated claims the sound on the record is not entirely true to his live sound. There are people who claim the guitar was re-amped, but I can’t confirm this one way or another. I think I heard that he was experimenting with load boxes a la EVH, but this is all conjecture. I’ve heard a few video clips of his playing, and seems the Tribute sound is a little darker and fuller, not so midrange-y as the studio albums. Ozzy re-recorded all his vocals, or doubled them, so Tribute is not a 100% live only album, FYI.

Hey, thanks so much for the input! I can add a few things, I have a large collection of bootleg and soundboard recordings featuring Randy Rhoads. I know Tribute featured songs from 2 or 3 different live shows and although I used to know which ones they escape me at the moment, I do know the bulk was taken from Montreal Qc, Canada on 07-28-81 which I believe was a King Biscuit Flower Hour show. I do have a soundboard recording of this show as well as a reel to reel "demo" of Tribute and I can say the tone is pretty consistent with the Tribute recording. One thing Randy did not have was consistency with his tone, as I write this I've listened to clips of several different nights from that tour and each one is pretty drastically different. What I'm getting at though, is that I don't believe there was any major manipulation of Randy's tone such as reamping, but could certainly see some eq adjustments. I honestly believe he just had a killer tone that evening and on that Montreal recording it sounds massive just as it does on Tribute. Of course Ozzy did redo all the vocals, or at least touched them up quite a bit, I don't think many will dispute that. Even on the After Hours live video featuring Randy, I have 2 versions, one from before and one after Ozzy's vocals were redone.

• Thanks a lot.