Double Tracker right Channel quieter?

• Hi Guys,

I have set the Double Tracker to:

Looseness: 5.0

Stereo: 100%

Detune: 0.0

Volume 0.0

Profiler Stage Firmware: 8.7.10.38833

In the rehearsal room using the PA, I have the impression that the right channel ist a little bit quieter then the left one.

Any ideas from anyone?

Thanks

Stefan

• I just checked the YT Demo from Thomas Dill and I have the impression that there is also one channel a bit quiter.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Can anybody confirm this?

Many thanks

Stefan

• I have noticed when using kemper in stereo in DAW that the left channel is louder by about 1.5db according to the track meters so I assume the double tracker exacerbates that. And then you have the Haas effect on top of that - the first sound (channel) you hear is the prominent one. It's almost impossible to get an even left and right channel due to numerous factors. You can compensate some when tracking in DAW but it's never perfect- and really doesn't matter in a mix.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• I have noticed when using kemper in stereo in DAW that the left channel is louder by about 1.5db according to the track meters so I assume the double tracker exacerbates that. And then you have the Haas effect on top of that - the first sound (channel) you hear is the prominent one. It's almost impossible to get an even left and right channel due to numerous factors. You can compensate some when tracking in DAW but it's never perfect- and really doesn't matter in a mix.

The delayed side of the Double Tracker is the right (!) side, and this right side is amplified by 1.2 dB to compensate for the Haas effect.

And yes, the Haas effect can never be perfectly compensated as the level perception depends in the listener position.

Please check .

CK

• Thanks Christoph for that explanation and the "confirmation" that the right channel is the delayed side.

Now I read some articles about the Haas Effect and the Precedent Effect and learned some new things.

In the rehearsal room the left speaker is closer to me and I guess this is an additional reason for my impressions.

I will trying turning left/right channel .

Suggestion & Feature Request:

What about having the possibility to influence this left/right balance in a certain range?

Maybe in the Rig Manager on the Double Tracker Settings Page having a knob beside the volume knob like:

"Boost delayed Double Tracker Channel" or

a knob "Double Tracker Balance" or something similar.

Again Many Thanks to for the responses and explanations!

Stefan

Edited once, last by Stefan D: corrected typos ().

• Just another question to someone from Kemper team ...

I guess the the "Looseness" knob influences the delay time of the delayed (right) channel.

What does 0 to 10 means in ms?

Thanks

Stefan

• Just had a look at the Manual Addendum ...

When setting the Stereo button to "-100", would this turn the delayed channel to the left side?

In the addendum I find only this

Controls the stereo width of the double tracking. Plus or minus 100% is regular stereo. Higher values introduce the

super stereo effect.

Thanks

Stefan

• The Looseness does not drive a constant delay, however there is a delay variation.

It is roughly between 5 and 50 milliseconds.

CK

The Stereo knob will reverse the sides, when you dial to the negative left half, as you have expected.

• The delayed side of the Double Tracker is the right (!) side, and this right side is amplified by 1.2 dB to compensate for the Haas effect.

And yes, the Haas effect can never be perfectly compensated as the level perception depends in the listener position.

Please check .

CK

well, I don't care about Haas-effect and/or compensation.

left site is still plenty louder than right side when playing with engaged widener.

Why don't you just add a soft button to edit the volume of the delayed side? everyone could get happy with very little effort

• well, I don't care about Haas-effect and/or compensation.

left site is still plenty louder than right side when playing with engaged widener.

Why don't you just add a soft button to edit the volume of the delayed side? everyone could get happy with very little effort

You're right.

It could be that easy!

• well, I don't care about Haas-effect and/or compensation.

👍👍👍

• to deliver more precise data: recording stereo with delay widener I have to add +4dB to the delayed side to make it even in volume.

that does not match with the statement of it being 1,2dB louder.

• How exactly did you check/measure that? In what way is that precise data?
    Why would anyone not trust Christophs statement?

It's not a question of "trust".

I trust in god.

But I hear the differences in volume. And this difference is more than 1.2 dB.
    But anyway.

1.2 or 4 dB.

For me, every difference is anoying!

I would like to have the possibility to set this the way I want it.
    By just turning a knob.
    It could be that easy, if only Kemper would agree.